New band lineup! Practice sample...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New band lineup! Practice sample...

Finally got some good people, our band is whole yet again. Here's one of the songs that they wrote and we worked on. I couldn't get a very good mix as one of the amps had to be mic'd and I couldn't hear the mix over his amp. The worst thing about the mix is the overpowering kick drum. It sounded fine on the stereo we used as monitors, but in whatever else we plug into it sounds like shit. Also, the amp that was mic'd was a Bandit with a Death Metal pedal in front of it. That should explain quite a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm on the right. I used my Spider II direct from the headphones to the mixer. I need to work on the solo. I kinda Kerry Kinged it. It'll work for now, but I really need to come up with something else.

Thanks for any listens!

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/meta...2//apollyn.mp3

Re: New band lineup! Practice sample...

I liked it. Has a good rhythm to it I think. Kind of reminds me a song on an old Windows 95 disk that was pretty cool.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Thanks.

We did several takes of the song, all of us too nit-picky to choose one. Our biggest problem was not having the tightness. I suggested something that really helped us out, probably improving the solidity up to 40%. Eye contact. There is such a difference when you look up and everybody can see eachother, it becomes so much more unified.

Anyway, we'll try it again this Sunday. I'll probably sit down and record seperate tracks. This was done by everyone plugging into the mixer and recording all in one take.

Comment

quota used up, try usend it website.

Comment

Working...
        X