Thrash metal song please listen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrash metal song please listen!

Hi guys, I gave a link to my myspace page in my introduction on the general forum but the songs havent been uploaded yet so I thought I'd host one on the 'net just to get some opinions. Just as a disclaimer....I am not a vocalist!!! I only did vocals because there was no-one else to do them, so I am well aware that the vocals and lyrics arent great. I am very proud of the riffs though, and also the solo in the breakdown in the middle of the song. So please let me know what you think. Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...F1B1SPE54AQ047

Re: Thrash metal song please listen!

I like it. I've heard way worse vocals though... The only bad thing I can say about it really is the part that starts at about 4:15 sounds just like Iron Maiden, the song escapes me right now. Other than that good stuff!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Thanks for the comment bro, I fully admit that it's not the most original sounding stuff, and I definitely agree with you about it sounding like maiden, though I didn't know it sounded like a specific song just thought it had a Maiden "feel" to it. Anyway thanks for the comments my man, glad you enjoyed it. Any one else had a listen?

Comment

Who needs Coffee.... Man I'm Wired now. I gave it a listen cause you asked [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm not a fan of thrash but this tune aint bad, not bad at all...

Comment

I liked it. A pretty good recording as well! how did u record it? was it a drum machine?
          If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! I recorded it using a POD2.0 into protools, and using an excellent producer friend of mine, that's why it sounds so good, he's a genius! Oh and the drums are being played by my brother, not a drum machine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks for the comment bro, I fully admit that it's not the most original sounding stuff, and I definitely agree with you about it sounding like maiden, though I didn't know it sounded like a specific song just thought it had a Maiden "feel" to it. Anyway thanks for the comments my man, glad you enjoyed it. Any one else had a listen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it now... Children Of The Damned. Don't take that as a bad comment though. The tune rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It happens to me all the time. I'm a huge King Diamond/Andy La Rocque fan and people will tell me, hey that kind of sounds like blah blah blah...
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]I got it now... Children Of The Damned. Don't take that as a bad comment though. The tune rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It happens to me all the time. I'm a huge King Diamond/Andy La Rocque fan and people will tell me, hey that kind of sounds like blah blah blah...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah no worries mate, didn't take offense at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Am also a huge King Diamond fan, James Hetfield has certainly "borrowed" a lot of Hank's Mercyful Fate riffs the cheeky bastard. I shall check out Children of the damned, haven't heard that one before.

Comment

Not really my style of music, but very well done.
                  damn your recording is excellent!
                  I don't think the vocals were that bad either.
                  I was never a big maiden fan so I don't hear that connection.
                  cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Excellent thanks so much guys. For those of you who don't like this type of music I won't bore you anymore (thank you so much for listening though, much appreciated). However, for those of you who are partial to a bit of metal, may I nudge you in the direction of www.myspace.com/adamismetal. Listen to the tune "Unleash the beast" as this isn't the one I've posted here (which is called "Blurring the lines")

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Maybe some trills & fills in the early Rhythm, very Iron Maiden, sounds good!!!!!!

Comment

I'm imagining ChrisRocksUSA singing this! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm imagining ChrisRocksUSA singing this! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe is this a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                          X