Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bands MP3's Melodic death/thrash

Hi guys!
    My band Questioned By Theory have finally entered the studio. We just finished doing our 4 track demo. We've got two tracks up on our myspace (click here)
    I play the solo in the 2nd song! Its a fucking beauty

We've been likened to Shadows Fall, At The Gates, Caliban (bleurgh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and The Black Dahlia Murder.

Theres screaming and death growls but also singing. If you're just going to say something like "The music is ok but fire the singer" dont bother replying - we've heard it all before.

Hope you enjoy it!

James and Questioned By Theory

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: My bands MP3\'s Melodic death/thrash

Very tight, and nice guitar work. I wouldn't say something like "fire the singer" because in this arena he probably does ok, it's just not my bag ya know? Nice work though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Holy shitting shit bro! I'm impressed!
      The verse guitar work is brilliant! i love the riffs!
      Good drumming, good screamer you have there!

Fire your mixing engineer though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

not bad at all!! like the melodies!

added ya to our myspace in the process as well [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks lads! Glad you like it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean? I thought he did a stellar job...

Its good to get some stuff out there to prove we are actually a decent band, not just some bums with some Atreyu CDs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

You don't need to fire the singer, you just need to encourage him to sing more. I like his singing voice. I guess it is just a matter of personal taste with the cookie monster shit, it isn't for me.

Great guitar work as well. I enjoyed listening. Good job.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Sounds great, James! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Cool solo you did there too! I'm glad to see your band's hard work is paying off. Nice reviews you have posted there, glad to see the reviewer noticed what you do for the band's sound. Keep kicking ass!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

sounds aesome dude! i been trying to get a melodic thrash / Dm band for a little while but can't find drummers for the love of the money in coventry!!! hope it all goes well!!

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words. Im so stoked about this. This is the first stuff we've ever got on record. I just keep listening to it over and over again!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SonicSamurai - Maybe try taking on any kind of metal drummer. The music is a little light for me, but I love playing it, I think we've found a sweet spot musically though.

James

Comment

well thats the trouble dude - i can't even find a metal drummer round here!! its insane...you can't find them for the love of the money!!i have a drummer in my hard rock band but it'd be pushing it to get him to play in a death metal band...

Comment

Nightmare man. You'll just have to keep looking, or move!

I dont really see why this thread has been moved. Its not like Im submitting mp3s of my playing... Theres mp3's of other people's bands in the Non J/C forum [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean? I thought he did a stellar job...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me do your next demo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But i always rate music over mix and i love it!

Comment

Righto... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What is it that you think could be improved? It cost £230 and he only did a days mixing/mastering on it, if that is anything to consider.

Comment

It just sounds a bit muddy and set back.

I'd roll a wee bit more bass off the kick drums maybe them cut through. Add some reverb to the snare, turn the snare up. Iäd make the guitars a bit louder, give them a bit more of a presence boost.
                            I'd maybe compress the final mix a bit more and crank it to give some more energy to the track.

For £230, and a day, the guy did a pretty decent job and ya got good value for money, to a point. I just sound picky as fuck cause i'm going into this line of business myself and i listen to mixes so over analytically it's just not even funny anymore [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Nightmare man. You'll just have to keep looking, or move!

I dont really see why this thread has been moved. Its not like Im submitting mp3s of my playing... Theres mp3's of other people's bands in the Non J/C forum [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you stuck this in the wrong section thats why it was moved,no problem

not bad playing here-i agree with the mix being muddy but thats not your fault.wheres that fucking beauty of a solo in the 2nd tune [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] i think it has been mixed out

Comment

Working...
                              X