No announcement yet.

Check out this local 16yr old shredder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this local 16yr old shredder!

Since my brother has twin boys that have a band, he's been setting up shows to highlight the high school age bands in the area. We did a show and this young guy came up and jammed a few of his original tunes. I think you guys that are into the shred thing will really dig this. He's really dedicated to his playing... he was also doing some bluegrass style licks while warming up. The funny thing is that he plays a Rickenbacker 650... hardly a "shredder" guitar. Anyway, check it out!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=51779998

Re: Check out this local 16yr old shredder!

Holy shit! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thats pretty damn good for a 16 year old playing a Rick 650. Heck, thats pretty good for a 26 year old playing a Soloist! 6-8 hours a day of practice for 5 years is paying off for that kid. Hopefully he doesn't burn out.

Comment

I agree John. I'm not really into the over the top shred stuff, but that kid plays as well as anybody I've heard. when you factor in his age, it is even more impressive. I didn't play the Rick, but the neck looked nice, and he had some low action going on. I'm sure it is a great player, but it is weird to see someone shredding on a guitar like that.

He plans on going to GIT after graduation from what I'm told.

He is giving guitar lessons, but I don't think my ego would let me take lessons from a 16 yr old. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

GIT heh heh....that's where I'm probably gonna go next fall...

Comment

A few seconds of that sounded like Chriss Oliva?? Funny cause he has Chris Caffery on his page too...anyway cant wait to hear this kid in a few years from now

Comment

Working...
            X