Anyone using Amplitube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Amplitube?

I've been using Amplitube along with Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for a few months and have had mixed results. Certain models are good, while others I'm not real into. Maybe I'm just using the thing wrong? Definately not as easy to work with as a POD XT Live in my opinion. Was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Amplitube are and are there any tweaks or tips out there for using it? Thanks,

Nathaniel

I've USED it, but it was very short-lived, cause I didn't like it. I was just way too moisey for my liking, and I didn't really think the tones were that good, so I dropped it.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Didn't get good sounds out of Amplitube when I tried the demo. Guitar Rig is nice, but it costs as much as an amp so I'm not sure what the point is. I got some really good sounds on my friend's DAW by taking the basic sound of my POD 2.0 (no cab, effects, or A.I.R.) and running it through the effects and cab models from Guitar Rig. I don't know enough about Amplitube to say whether that kind of approach would do any good with it.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I really, really don't like amplitube at all. I sat down for about 3 days straight and tweaked the heck out of it. I still could only get mediocre sounds. I really don't like guitar rig either. In fact, I think I generally dislike all guitar modeler plugin's. I've gotten much better direct recordings from a PODxt, VG-88, and a Digitech 2112.
        Last edited by dyingsea; 06-26-2006, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Seems like my opinion is shared by most so far here. Amplitube isn't as great as I thought it would be. Direct recording is best w/a POD XT or something similar.

Comment

Yeah, I use a Johnson J-Station, and love it.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

J-Stations rock. Best recorded tones of the modellers I heard.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I remember there being a downloadable package of new presets on their website. I like the bass tones I can get out of it at least and it's nice for some extreme noise madness. Are you using a direct box of some sort when you plug in? Maybe use the POD on a clean ,dry setting.

Comment

I used it for about 10 mins then realized that my Flextone is easier to use and sounds 1000% better.
                  Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I'm using Peavey ampkit and ampkit link with my Ipad

In talking with a friend of mine, he said that amplitube was noisey, and the sounds were not recordable. Then I saw advertising info for the Peavey AmpKit, and the AmpKit Link.

So I waited patiently for a month and a half after prepurchasing the ampkit link. Once it arrived, I was very pleased with its sound. First, I used it direct into a DI at church, playing a clean sound with delay, and a crunchy sound with a freaky space reverb. It was so clean, and the whole thing sat on the music stand....

I've got a lot of amps, including a Johnson JM250, a Line6 HD147, a real and original Garnet BTO (just like Randy Bachman played-there are only 125 or so in the world), a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.....but I was so surprised at the sound of this little gadget. I'll be recording with it because it's so portable, and the sound is clean. I had the VOX JamVox before, but it was USB,and it was lumpy and slow.

Comment

I tried Amplitube, and absolutely hated it. Now I use a POD UX1 and POD Farm / POD Farm 2 software.
                      Not bad, but the overdrive simulation is weak.

Nothing beats a real amp

Comment

Working...
                      X