• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A vid from last nights show

Not the best quality, but you can see what we do
    I'm playing my RX10D (with an X2N) through my Crate Blue Voodoo 120

My bands name is Chronicles of Mayhem

jb, I had to take off my headphones after 5 seconds too much distortion, but watching you and the band is cool nonetheless. You're the coolest metal playing gal I "know". And you shred too!

Those video camera mics sure can't handle loud metal very well, eh?
    Last edited by jackson1; 03-18-2007, 01:11 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah, the distortion level going into the mic is hitting the red line fer sure..but, that being said.. I liked it. Sounded tight.. I'm not a big fan of the cookie monster/yell/scream metal vocals but my ex used to get alot of underground metal thru concrete corner.. sounds much along that vein.

Comment

Thanks for the video. Through all that distortion I could still tell the band is tight but I really can't handle that style of vocal.
        Take this with a grain of salt because I am not into the cookie monster vocal thing but... why does your lead singer talk like that between the songs? Is that his actual voice?? I'm not digging that part of it.
        To me.. that would be the same as if Geddy Lee or Rob Halford talked in between songs in their high register voices!
        Bottom line.. you and your band ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow..I sure appreciate you guys taking the time to give it a listen and comment. Thanks! yeah the quality is out there LOL..our camera just isn't built for that level of loud.
          John..I have actually asked him to speak in his normal voice between songs..and almost had him convinced to give it a try..then some cute girl said something about how she liked how he sounds mean even when not singing..we're stuck with it now
          Anyway, thanks again guys. I appreciate your time!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            and almost had him convinced to give it a try..then some cute girl said something about how she liked how he sounds mean even when not singing..we're stuck with it now
            hahaha, D'OH! :ROTF:

I am imagining your singer "talking" that way in everyday situations:

After the gig: "HEY BABY CAN I BUY YOU A DRIIIINK?!!"

At the bank: "I'D LIKE TO DEPOSIT THIS IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT PLEEEEEEEASE!!!"

At a restaurant: "I'LL HAVE THE ROAST DUCK WITH MANGO SAAAAAAAAAAAUCE!!!"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

:ROTF: Rock on!

Comment

I can't really comment on the song because of the sound quality, but that's hardly you or the bands fault. Put the camera on a tripod way in the back next time.

Looks like you were jamming out!

Comment

Very cool! We have the same issue when we record with a camcorder... like scuba steve said, put the camera on a tripod way back in the back, just hope you can have someone keep an eye on it so someone doesn't grab a free camcorder.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

nice one, Jeri. I checked out the "Black Inside" video too. Good stuff!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Btw,on your myspace page

it says that "Damien uses Shure guitars..."

Isn't there somethin' wrong with this? Or am I missing something
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                        X