No announcement yet.

Me + The Savatage Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words. Wow, you guys are making me re-think my decision to stop playing.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, That was great! My first thought was his tone sounds great I wonder if he was using a Charvel. Please post more most of us out here on the left coast never got to hear WickedWitch.

Comment

Very nice Matt! Definitely has a Dokken vibe going.
        Scott

Comment

I dunno, I hear Lynch Mob + King's X instead, Dokken has those cheesy eurometal chord progressions wich this doesn't.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
            Thanks for the kind words. Wow, you guys are making me re-think my decision to stop playing.
            Stop playing???? don't do it, I did for 20 years and now that I'm playing again I fucking hate myself for doing it.
            If you stop playing that would be a tragic waste of some serious talent Matt.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Wow, Matt. Awesome. I've just been teleported back to the 80's! Sweet.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

When is the Album release party? Better then anything Iv'e heard in a long Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                  When is the Album release party? Better then anything Iv'e heard in a long Time.
                  +1000! I could quote everyone here. Awesome playing and a very good production. You guy's should have been signed. Just that one song really kicks it off. I have a friend, Mike, that I met through work back in 1987. He was a former country studio musician for years. He got burned out and got a Mechanical Engineering degree and that's what he does to this day. He had played with Elvis, Scotty Moore, the Jordanaires and most of the Nashville crowd. He toured with Crash Cradak (sp?) in the late 70's. Later in life he got an agent (at my convincing) and I helped him do a small demo in my home studio. This was back in 1989. Country, me?:ROTF: The record company was looking for a Garth Brooks. He ended up with soon to be Brooks' agent. The agent said he would do the album and he would tour. Mike told the agent he would not tour because he had an engineering job and a family.That was the end of the story. One of his old demos had the Jordianaires, the Nashville strings and Elvis on background guitar! The demo was done 2 years before Elvis' death. Just amazing! He told me 95% of the great talent out there never gets signed and most of the signed acts are through politics and luck. He played with some amazing musicians that never left their living rooms!
                  Don't hang it up Matt! I don't think you could if you tried. It's in your blood!

More! More!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I can't believe you guys like this stuff.

Jeff Plate (drummer) and I have had a bunch of conversations over the years about re-recording this stuff, or just trying to get some kind of a distribution deal with the product we already have.

Problem is no one knows how to get in touch with Zack (singer). Even Jeff hasn't spoken to him since Savatage folded.

My personal influences at the time were Dokken, TNT, Ty Tabor, etc... I agree some of the material has a Lynch Mob vibe, but this stuff was done before Lynch Mob was a band.
                    Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 04-07-2007, 10:27 AM.
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

don't be so humble dude, you know very well that 90% of this board is stuck in the 80's
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can't believe you guys like this stuff.

Jeff Plate (drummer) and I have had a bunch of conversations over the years about re-recording this stuff, or just trying to get some kind of a distribution deal with the product we already have.

Problem is no one knows how to get in touch with Zack (singer). Even Jeff hasn't spoken to him since Savatage folded.

My personal influences at the time were Dokken, TNT, Ty Tabor, etc... I agree some of the material has a Lynch Mob vibe, but this stuff was done before Lynch Mob was a band.

If you guys officially distributed this material,I would definitely buy it.Btw, do you ship to Turkey? :ROTF:
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Btw,I'm pretty sure you you might have tought of this,but there is some contact information on the Circle II Circle website.You could use the management e-mail adress to contac Zak maybe?Just an idea.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I'm really over this genre of music, by at least a decade and a half, but that was really damned good Matt. I never knew you graduated GIT. Anyways, you shouldn't have stopped playing. It's amazing you never got signed... the quality was great, especially considering how old that is.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not happy with that tone?? Makes me want an Engl Pre Amp Bad!
                              Awesome song! Your as good as ANYONE out there! Andy Timmons
                              esque!

Comment

Set aside an extra 3 hours a day starting now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X