Me + The Savatage Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
    ..........you guys are making me re-think my decision to stop playing.
    Hey Matt - You might remember me from a hunderd years ago or so. I'm Gary (long black hair) that used to hang out at the studio in Rockland and later with Dave B. when you roomed with him (and WW). Long time, huh? Glad to see the stores are doing well. I remember you demonstrating the Crate G40-C for me at Factory Music around '86. Even way back then you could tear up a fretboard.

Which brings me to my question, did you actually stop playing altogether - or just put the professional aspect aside to focus on the stores? You're one guy that I figured would never "stop".

By the way - Hi everyone. I've been checking out this forum for a while but only recently started posting. I've been playing the same Charvel Model 6 that I bought new in '87 and recently picked up another one in "project" condition. I'm sure I'll be a more active member in the future as my guitar collecting seems to be heading back in the J/C direction.

Comment

Well, dated material or not, it was friggin impressive! The sound was very tight.
      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Gary - I do remember you, welcome to the JCF!!

Yeah, I'm semi-retired.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Sorry for bringing thsi old thread up again , well you can call it arse kissing , but i just get over this tune " breakdown", this song is just amazing, the riffing stands with the bet of them, makes me jsut think how you guys wrote that stuff. Also Matt if you see this , maybe you could tab 2 of those riffs, if you have time ofcourse if not no problem at all first one is starting at 0:38 and the other one is starting at 0:49. I tried playing them by ear but they dint soud as good as your, i am am sur you msut have played them differently.

Comment

As funny as it sounds, Wickedwitch is reuniting.

Jeff and I got together a few months ago and decided to finally do it. He got in touch with Zak and much to my surprise he's on board. We tracked drums at Pyramid Sound with Alex Perialas last month, Alex did all the Anthrax and Testament records among many others. Now we're just looking for the right label and then I'll do all the guitars. From there, Zak will track his parts in Florida and we hope to have it released mid next year.

We're talking with some pretty big name producers... Neil Kernon, Kevin Shirley, Ben Grosse. It's all pretty funny considering we wrote this material 15 years ago!

Crazy...
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

"Round and round...
              What goes around comes around...
              I'll tell you why,why...
              Lookin at you, looking at me"

Need we say more, Matt?

Comment

Wow, I thought this waas going to be a picture thread!

That stuff sounds seriously good. You should have been huge in the 80's. Let us know how the re-union goes.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I saw you're myspace about a month ago and got pretty psyched. I had no idea you posted here! Glad to have made the connection. You guys rock!

Comment

How did I miss this one? I can't believe your not happy with the tone, I think it sounds friggin' great. Good luck with the reunion man!

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
                      How did I miss this one? I can't believe your not happy with the tone, I think it sounds friggin' great. Good luck with the reunion man!
                      If you think that sounded good... wait till you hear the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                        If you think that sounded good... wait till you hear the finished product!
                        I'm VERY excited to hear it. Any idea when you'll have the new stuff ready for a sneak peak?

Comment

We're looking for the right label to get behind the project, probably be 6 months + before anything is done.

Comment

Be sure to keep us updated as its getting there. You guys are the band I'm most excited for right now...

Comment

Wow! Great news! If you release an album, I'll definitely buy it.
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

congrats man
                                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                                X