Me + The Savatage Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me + The Savatage Guys

A friend just dug up some of the demos from my old band Wickedwitch and emailed them to me.

This was produced/engineered by Bob St John, who's done most of the Collective Soul records. Jeff Plate played drums (Savatage/TSO), Zack Trussell, who now goes by Zack Stevens is doing vocals (Savatage, Circle ii Circle), I did all the guitars and my bud Mark Stewart played bass.

During the early 90's we did some huge gigs opening for Yngwie, Mr Big, Badlands and just about every other national act that came through Boston. These demos ultimately got Zack and Jeff into Savatage, which allowed them to get where they are today.

It's dated, but cool... check it out!

Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

badass
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Awesome!! Zack has a great voice in my opinion. The Circle II Circle albums are great! You are kickin' on the guitar!!

Comment

VERY impressive Matt! Thanks for sharing!
        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Cool. Nice playing!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All the Savatage fanatics out there would really dig this. Thanks Matt...got more?
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Impressive.
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

We probably recorded about 20 songs, I'll see if I can find some more and post them.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Wow,I knew that you were a g.i.t graduate but I didn't know about you were a member of Wickedwitch.

I'm downloading the track right now.I'll post comments.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Really good tone The song and playing sounds very professional.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That is very cool. I am impressed.

Comment

Sounds great Matt - did ya use Jacksons?

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                            Sounds great Matt - did ya use Jacksons?
                            Yup, my old black 84 bolt on pointy with a Kahler. I'm not crazy about the tone I got, I was using an Engl preamp at the time.

I found a bunch of tunes last night and will post them in the next couple days.

Comment

That was great Matt.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X