No announcement yet.

Me + The Savatage Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was sweet! Cant wait to hear the fresh record...
    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Hey Matt,

I was just listening to your track; hows the recording going? or is it going at all?
      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Sounds Great to me...

Comment

Oh... it's going.

Like I said before... we did drums for 12 songs in the fall at Pyramid Sound in Ithica NY with Alex Perialas, then I tracked basic guitars with Paul David Hager (Goo Goo Dolls, Avril Lavine, Butch Walker, Pink) around Thanksgiving... Paul is producing the whole thing. Acoustic guitars were done a few weeks ago, this weekend I'm doing "texture" type guitar stuff and the weekend after NAMM we'll get bass tracks done.

Zak is recording the new CIIC record and as soon as he's done we'll ship a couple hard drives down to him in FL so he can do vocals. I expect we'll have this all mixed by the end of March, then we'll go shopping. One pretty cool thing is Mark Wood, who leads the string section for TSO, is going to play violin on a couple tracks.

I've never recorded a full length album before, it's alot of work!
          Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 01-03-2008, 05:23 PM.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Awesome to hear an update. You gotta let us in the door a little early, though.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
              Awesome to hear an update. You gotta let us in the door a little early, though.

Be careful. The Court can always give you the 250 grand penalty for "sharing" music
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Hager is fucking good, real good
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  Hager is fucking good, real good
                  He's phenomenal... like having a 5th member of the band. The stuff he comes up with blows my mind.
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I belive you man, I'm glad he is doing your album... not some typical heavy metal "producer" who uses the same settings on every friggin album.
                    Hager can do everything and he is also a sickass live mixman.

I personally think he would make more interesting album than Kernon or Shirley. Kernon did some real good stuff 100 years ago and Shirley, well he has a ridiculously awesome resume but lately I'm not impressed, and he just did 2 Estonian acts.. jeez that can't be good ahahaaa...
                    Grosse would have been great too, he makes some of the most powerful sounding albums ever and his mixes are unbeliveably thick.
                    But can't go wrong with Hager, not at all
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I haven't been around here in a while but it sounds like some good stuff is happening. Good for you Matt, sounds like a lot of fun. Best of luck to you and the guys.

Comment

Really glad this is happening.
                        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                        X