clip im working on for a band...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clip im working on for a band...

tell me what you think. I was going for a sort of Debussy meets Meshuggah kind of feel. This one will have vocals in the future.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

ehee, very good idea dude, I'm glad that there are some people who mix something other than baroque or classical era music with heavy metal.... specially when it's impressionism wich is my favourite of course.

Actually I think it's sounds a little bit more like Maurice Ravel than Debussy... and I hear some melanholic romatic era elements too.... like something from Chopin ballads.

and as usually... good soloing

but... some of the frantic drumming moments didn't fit with the vibe... it needs to be more delicate and powerfull.... in my opinion off course.

btw. since you are doing that kind of stuff.... impressionism + metal ala Meshuggah wich is heavily influenced by jazz, check out all the Bill Evans stuff out there, I think you'd get some great ideas from him, he was one of the most important jazz pianists ever, he combined cool jazz with impressionism, amazing stuff... the most remarkable is probably his work on Miles Davis album Kind Of Blue wich is the best selling jazz album ever.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

thanks man, i'll be sure and check out some of those dudes.

I agree with some parts not fitting, there is a keyboard player in this band and i basically just did a run of the mill keyboard part. Hopefully he can modify it a bit so the whole song gels.
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Overall, I liked it. Some parts were off, but some parts "gel'd" as well.
        sigpic

Comment

just arrange everything after the downbeats to make 'em gel.

and if you want to make drum rolls sound more "human", make them dynamical by just changing the level of each "hit". That goes for the snare and toms. When there's a fifth roll then it would go something like this... first hit - volume level 100%, second hit 75%, third hit 85%, fourth hit 60%, fifth hit 95% etc. That way the programmed or triggered drums doesn't sound so robotic.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
          X