Fools Faith Video is up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools Faith Video is up!!!

This is our submission to the American Idol band search. It is up on Youtube. It has interviews and samples of several songs including originals and some covers. Check it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktx_kmOc3E

BTW... guitar amps are:

Vetta HD 2, Marshall 1960a

Boss GT-8 powered by a Mesa Dual Rectifier, Mesa standard 4 x 12

For mics.. we used 2 overhead 414's.

Comment

Hey cool I really liked "Star" and the choice of covers

Comment

I like the metalized Pink Floyd cover...would've liked to hear more of it, Stubbylegs!

Have a bunch of people called Andy's phone # ?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I guess the bandmates finally wore you down, huh JG?

Good luck, I hope you make it, it will give me reason to watch the show!

Comment

I think you guys have a chance of getting on the show:

1) the group is funny & seems to have some interesting personalities.

2) all of you can sing.

3) they need some bands to cover the retro 80s element (something for the current mom & dad demographic, who are big watchers of these shows...)

Now for some critique... hey, this is the MP3 submissions forum after all (please don't get me wrong, you guys are way better than any band I've ever been in):

a) I thought the audio could be mastered a bit better. Lead vocals a bit too loud & "in your face", the guitars sound a little distant, and the snare drum too boxy. The entire thing sounds a bit like it was over-processed with a BBE maximizer (lots of highs and lows but lower mids too scooped...)

b) some of the vocals were a hair out of tune in places. I know that live recordings can be pretty unforgiving though. If you multi-tracked the vocals, a touch of pitch correction could fix this up nicely.

c) you guys could use some work on stage presence, especially the keyboard player.

d) then there is the problem of absolutely no Jacksons or Charvels. Sacrilege!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              I think you guys have a chance of getting on the show:

1) the group is funny & seems to have some interesting personalities.

2) all of you can sing.

3) they need some bands to cover the retro 80s element (something for the current mom & dad demographic, who are big watchers of these shows...)

Now for some critique... hey, this is the MP3 submissions forum after all (please don't get me wrong, you guys are way better than any band I've ever been in):

a) I thought the audio could be mastered a bit better. Lead vocals a bit too loud & "in your face", the guitars sound a little distant, and the snare drum too boxy. The entire thing sounds a bit like it was over-processed with a BBE maximizer (lots of highs and lows but lower mids too scooped...)

b) some of the vocals were a hair out of tune in places. I know that live recordings can be pretty unforgiving though. If you multi-tracked the vocals, a touch of pitch correction could fix this up nicely.

c) you guys could use some work on stage presence, especially the keyboard player.

d) then there is the problem of absolutely no Jacksons or Charvels. Sacrilege!

We wanted it to look as live as possible so we intentially mixed a live sounding mix. The contest isn't looking for professional quality video's and sound. If that was the case we could just send them our newest CD. Thanks for the replies!!

Comment

That was kick ass, John!! Your version of "Hey You" frikkin rocked! I'd like to hear the whole thing. Were all those tunes your Vetta?

"I wanna play somewhere that if I flick the pick it doesn't hit the back wall." Classic!!
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Yeah your CD sounds kick ass, I guess that's why I was expecting a bit better sound from the video. Not that it's bad....it's quite good in fact, just thought there was room for improvement

So when do you find out if you've made the cut?

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                    That was kick ass, John!! Your version of "Hey You" frikkin rocked! I'd like to hear the whole thing. Were all those tunes your Vetta?

"I wanna play somewhere that if I flick the pick it doesn't hit the back wall." Classic!!
                    Yea, all the guitars were the Vetta and a Boss GT-8. Modeling sounds pretty good!!
                    You can listen to the entire version of Hey You if you buy our latest CD. The link at the bottom of my posts in the signature will take you to our website. You can either buy the entire CD or download individual tunes on Itunes.

Comment

Honestly,I would fire the singer. Hire a bass player. The drummer was cool though.

Comment

Cool video! Best of luck to you. When do you find out if you made the cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                          Honestly,I would fire the singer. Hire a bass player. The drummer was cool though.

Yea... listen to our newest CD Undone and our old CD under the Aftermath name entitled Natural Destruction. My singer really sucks.
                          My keyboard player who also plays bass sucks too. He used to be in Symphony X and now works for MTV as a audio editor/arranger.
                          The only good member of the band is the drummer.
                          Your 100% correct. Thanks.

Comment

Hey, you forgot to say that you suck too :P :P

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                              Hey, you forgot to say that you suck too :P :P

I don't have to say it. Everybody already knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X