Any Accept / Wolf Hoffman fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Accept / Wolf Hoffman fans here?

I started to learn Wolf Hoffman solos as he is one of my all time favorite guitarists. Here is a video of me playing 3 solos from Balls To The Wall album:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn7oBR-EOIM

I've always been a huge Accept fan but they don't seem to be as popular as I thought. To me Metal Heart is one of the best albums ever and many of their other albums are not far behind.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Good stuff! I love Accept and have fought over some of those solos for years. Now I have a youtube lesson! Thanks!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I am a big fan too. Now I remember why I never learned any of the solos. hehe Actually my band plays Balls to the Wall, one of my solos.

And yet another killer V. You really have a nice collection of guitars.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

That's funny, I was just looking at the current issues of some of the guitar mags at a newstand today and one of them had the transcription to Balls to the Wall.

That tune is so good.

Will check out your vid when I get home.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Yeah Accept are cool but Udo sings like someone's grinding his nuts all the time, it gets annoying!

Cool vid, nice work as always and cool guitar!
          Last edited by levantin; 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Great stuff as always. I saw Accept at Doning Monsters of Rock back in '84 I think it was. Great band.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

my favourite album of theirs is Balls to the wall. Great album. Proper metal. And yes he's a fantastic guitarist.

Comment

I only have Restless and Wild and Balls. Love them. Balls to the wall was the 2nd/3rd heavy metal album I purchased. First was Number of the Beast, and I bought BTTW with Scorpion's Love at First Sting. Those were F'ing great days to be a metal head. I need to get Metal Heart - I hear a lot of great things about it.

BTW, We've discussed the tone quite a bit on Harmony Central, and one of Accepts producers confirmed Restless was done with a JB, but BTTW and newer albums were done with EMG81's. The Flying V was only used on the road "for show"; a strat style guitar (can't remember brands / specifics) loaded with EMG's was used in the studio.

Comment

Whenever I dial in my DSL100 with a new axe, it's B.T.T.W. time.

Comment

I liked Metal Heart. I saw Udo and the boys at Trout-Air, an outdoor concert site near Minneapolis-St. Paul. The line-up was Mama's Boys, Accept, Ratt and Iron Maiden. Great concert!

Comment

Another great clip, you always make it look so effortless.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Thanks all!
                        It's awesome that some of You have seen the band live. I never got the chance so I really hope they do another re-union tour.
                        I know some other solos from them also. I'll record another clip later.

Wolf's playing is so tasteful. IMO he has the perfect balance of melody lines and flash licks. And he always plays with so much confidence.

Comment

I had the Restless and Wild LP when it came out, and there's an old german song intro before "Fast As a shark". I though the LP was fucked up bescause of al lthe cracks at the beginning...
                          I have a DVD from Accept and I think Wolf played a Kramer, the second guitarist has a V.

Comment

Objection overruled and Death row are killer Cds as well.Wolf IS a very tasteful player nice chops and great tone.The thing I like about Accept is no overkill leads and well structured songs.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Fast As A Shark!

I recorded two more solos - Fast As A Shark and Wrong Is Right...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJo0p64wK4

I just learned WIR today so it's a bit sloppy but close enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X