Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I just finished an all night recording session.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just finished an all night recording session.

My Band "Slavantas" had been pressing on me to come up with a cool song so after jamming for a while in our rehearsal space I suddenly had this really cool riff and the others were going: "Dude, keep that in, it kicks ass." We then started chatting on what the song should be about. I then came up with a title, since we've already have really dark and moody songs with titles like "dreams of Insanity" and "World of hate" I said to the guys: "We could make it about a guy who's been through all kinds of hardship and survived it all as if been guided by a hand of fate."

And so I went home and switched on my PC and started up my Line 6 recording software and went to work. Now It's eight hours later and the rough version of a new song called "Hand of fate" is done.

I did everything, I used the MIDI from my Line6 gear box to do a drum line, I played about twelve different guitar tracks (I used my SG/Tele hybrid on the main distortion parts, my CAR Squier Telecaster on the clean parts and my 1989 Squier Stratocaster "The Veteran" on the lead parts) and I played two bass tracks. (one on my five string Knooren Custom bass, the other fretless part on my Ricky-rethink bass)

The resulting track has the riff I came up with, a dark and moody clean section on which I employed a "Master of puppets" style twin guitar lead and a slippery fretless bassline, and a reprise of the rocking parts with me doing a long solo on "The Veteran"

As soon as the others add their tracks we'll put this bad boy online.

As for now, I'm off to bed.

Tease.

Comment

Working...
    X