Brand new song online - melodic yet heavy metal inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new song online - melodic yet heavy metal inside

as i was reading through the non-jcf section, i noticed a thread where many of you guys complained about the lack of melody in modern heavy music.
    to you i'd like to recommend a song of my bands brand new EP (which isn't yet released due to label difficulties, but that's a whole other story).

of course, i'll appreciate any kind of feedback...so feel free to flame away

here it is
    www.myspace.com/backslashmetal

it's the first one, desperation (conveniently with an added "new song"...LOL)
    sure, this is not tailored to the ultra heavy guys out there, so don't tear me up for calling it "heavy music"
    and yeah, myspace sound isn't really what one could call representative....

I really like it. Nice job
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Wow, I loved it! I hate head banger but I really love this.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Yeah, pretty cool. Not the kind of metal I'm into, but good song structure.

Comment

Cool stuff man, I dig groove oriented shit, and really like the singers vocals!

Comment

DUUUUUDE...FUCK YEAH BRO..!!!!

How in the fuck did I miss this!!!???

Absolutely killer!!!!

Bill Z Bub
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ooooh yeeaaahhhh.
              Me like it.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Good sound. Love the arrangements, and the vocals are good too. Intro reminds me of the Resident Evil games.
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

thanks guys :-)
                  as of right now, there will be 4 other songs on that ep...ranging from uptempo melodic death metal riffage to borderline radio friendly stuff.
                  btw, fuck our label. right in the ass. still no progress as of right now can't wait until this stuff get's released...

Comment

Like it all except the singing.

Comment

That's a fun song! Great job! Heike looks smart.

Comment

I liked it,the 1st song is tight,heavy and groovy. I also like how the drums are tuned as well.
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I Dig it.
                          But seriously is there a place I can download mp3 of some of your tunes?
                          Last edited by ///MK; 02-16-2008, 09:32 AM.
                          http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Working...
                          X