SPandex Militia Songs up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPandex Militia Songs up!!

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Recorded an mastered 3 songs yesterday and today. Had a nightmare morning the car with all our gear broke down we were late, there were taxis AA guys and trains involved, along with sheer bloody mindedness, a bucket of awesome, and added raunch. In the end we got to the studio in edgbaston 3 hrs late and laid down three whole tracks in 5 hours. mostly did everything in one take. double tracked the guitars, did the solos, and also double trakced the vocals. got mastered today - the production is really good i think and the instruments are really awesome sounding. overall i'm about 90 percent happy, there's just a few vocal bits i'd like to change (one of the harmonies in kidz are rockin doesn't work, i think i'm straining alittle in places on the other 2 songs) but overall its turned out really well, and we will touch those up at a later date when we're gonna record another couple of songs. hope u enjoy and let me know what u think.

ROCK ON

the studio in Edgbaston sounds so romantic!

before I listen, I would like to know if you take criticism well and am I allowed to take the piss?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

shobet, i could make any eception for u

Comment

That sounds like a come on! Are you looking to widen the circle of your friends?

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'd shoot the singer.

Comment

Perhaps a bit of Mustaine-like effect on the singer, and
            it's a bit too "forward" in the mix. The guitar playing is ok, though.

Comment

i'm the singer lol, it's my first time - i'm still learning and getting my technique down - been so long since i done proper singing - still trying to find my comfort zone and keep everything consistent.

different people keep saying different things - some say the vocals are too high, others say they're too low. i wanna redo some of the vocals - the harmonies the rest of the band did on kidz are rockin don't work in places so i wanna scrap them when we go in the studio next.

mustaine eh? i didn't realise i was whiney and ginger i don't think i sound that constrained tbh.....the one thing the guy has done which i don';t like is he's used two vocals tracks but u can still hear it sounds like there's two of me. It was all a little rushed by that point due to everything screwing up earlier.
              Last edited by sonicsamurai; 01-21-2008, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X