Line 6 Tone Port UX2 + Riffworks = Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Tone Port UX2 + Riffworks = Fun

Anyone else got one of these? - my wife picked it out when we were sale shopping and it is brilliant.

Sonoma (Riffworks) hosts a Riff Rumble competition each year and i only had a week to get some kind of song entry together. (im a software engineer so that's a week of nights..)

Anyway there are some really good entries...and then there is mine ;-)

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/loadstar/out-of-time/

It won't win but it was really fun to do as my first creation and mix down. Was so relieved when i finished it...it was getting a bit stressful!

I especially like the high output guitar port on it for guitars with EMGs

You did really well m8 for your first cast. Depending on your experiences with recording or using DAW's, people find RW very easy to use.
    I've been doing Riffworks quite a bit since April when I bought a Gold package toneport DI-G. Mega tones!

I have other programs, Guitar Pro3, Ableton lite 4, Cakewalk Sonar.
    Riffworks is very easy to use and it'll make you a better player, divorced or both.

You can get a crossgrade for addtional 29.00 (like buying a key) which allows you to interface other ASIO devices.

Course, these people are software developers, they're looking to make a living.
    You can use rewire with the crossgrade or buy premade drum programs from their online store. Some of the drum loops are fixed with very little variables and others like Drums on Demand offer quite a variable pallet within the download.

Comment

I bought the toneport in january - didnt use it much and then got this email from Sonoma a week or so ago about the Rumble. I had nothing...so have spent the last 10 days or so writing, recording something. Im fairly out of practise on the Lead playing but i do have so many ideas floating around that this setup will now let me develop. Good luck for the compo...although nothing annoys me more than a deadline being extended when i've lost sleep... >:-(
      Laters..

Comment

I spent more time logging exceptions than I did playing.
        Most problems I've had with Sonoma in a long time.

Comment

Working...
        X