2 more songs from me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more songs from me....

We went into the studio on a Monday night. We recorded " Makin' You Pay" with a mid level group of students. Our drummer quit on us that night.....after we commited to coming back the next night ( Tuesday).
    A student that was about to graduate offered to sit in and play drums with us the next nite. We show up....pretty much wrote the song on the spot. While our style was different than what he usually plays......he was skilled/smart enough to know when to lay off of something that was unusual territory for him and just play a steady beat to keep us in time. That song was named " Soul Crate ".
    Remember, these were recorded during student sessions, so we couldnt be anal about the sound or going back and doing parts over and over till we were happy. That's why we are first on the "call in" list for the studio. We knock it out and we don't try to get a pro session out of students who are just learning the art. We can do more with advanced students.....but, are fairly limited to beginners in choosing things.
    Go here to download " Soul Crate" and " Makin' You Pay" http://lousiffer13.tripod.com/mypersonalsite/id5.html I got closer to the sound I want on "Makin' You Pay"....just not quite there yet.
    I know most people here wont like it, but, I dont care. I am realy digging this laid back groovish style.-Lou

[ August 23, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: LouSiffer ]
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: 2 more songs from me....

will listen later mate,i just tried the link but your bandwidth has been used up.you must be a popular guitarist mate [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's conventional regrdaing the chords/prgressions BUT!!! it's got balls! ... and so often people seem to fail at giving it phat cholestorel. So thumbs up! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

~Bosch~

ps comments based on Soul Crate only [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Bosch. I really want some input from people that are into this style of music. Is it missing anything?? Is there something that should have been done different? What would you have done? Criticism and input is GREATLY appreciated. I know the wuality isnt the best and my tone sucks....just trying to find a sound I like. The guitar sound on " Makin You Pay" is getting me closer to what I want.....just not quite there yet. Please guys....you arent going to break my heart or discourage me. I feel as though we are missing something ,but, I just cant put my finger on it. -Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I'm diggin' the track Makin' You Pay big time. As far as what you're missing, i'd say don't rest so much between chords. Assuming i'm right with the chord names, this is what ya' might wanna' toy around with, see how ya' like it. after you hit that C#min the first time and are about to rest so the drum fill is there, throw in a 2 3 4 muted hit. so it'd be, one-234/ONE-234 and likewise w/ the B. i might be wrong w/ the chords, but i think that rhythm might help fill in some empty space if ya' want. i think what i'm getting at in a way is follow the drum in a sense. if i think of anything else i'll drop it by ya' if you want, sounds pretty solid though to me man.

Comment

Sounds good! ( same tone as sambora's bounce work)
            hard edgy rockin! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
            X