Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New recording as promised, feedback please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New recording as promised, feedback please...

This is the first recording I did when I set up my studio.
    By no means are my recordings supposed to sound like they came from a professional studio.
    When I recorded this, the rhythms distorted a little on the hard left and hard right.
    I kinda like the way the PC distorted it.
    Again, there's no bass lines, so feel free to download it and add a bass line.

If you listen closely, you can hear my Vivian Campbell influence from the old Dio days.

Recorded with a Fender Master Built 1971
    Boss DR-770
    Line6 Flextone HD
    M-Audio Omni I/O
    Cool Edit Pro
    Direct into a PC

Mark Abner - thump

Re: New recording as promised, feedback please...

Feedback please anyone?

Comment

Nice man [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

some constructive critism:

- solo can be louder
      - bass on rythym guitar is way too much

other than that very cool !!!

owyeah would you please give me some feedback on my song ? : http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=9;t=000362

Adios,

Shakeel

Comment

Please more feedback.....Coming so slow....

Comment

hey dude,

I like your song but I have to agree with what shakeel said! the solo should be slightly louder and the rhythm guitar should turn down the bass half an inch and maybe the volume too.

also, is that an improvised solo? I liked bits of it, but I would construct a whole solo from the best parts of an improvisation, then record it! seems like it lacked precision in a couple of places.

keep on honin' it 'till it's perfect! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Hey Man,
            Well, I liked it...sounded good. But, I have to agree with the feedback from above. R-guitar was too loud. Drums sounded good though. I have a DR770...I love it! You can definately hear the Viv influence. I can hear bits & pieces of "The Last in Line". You seem to hang in the same spots on the fretboard when you play the main riffs. Maybe if you tried playing the main decending riff in a higher position, then play it again an octive lower, then again lower yet. Throw in some pick squeals & bends in on your way down. I think it may "open up" your lead & give it a little more depth. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

More feedback 2..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with everyone else about the lead but I liked the rythm part a lot, it was nice and clean and the bass wasn't too extreme to my ear, nice and punchy. Keep up the good work!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'm a Vivian Campbell fan, and I hear the influence. Good stuff. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'd work on:
                  - varying the song structure...write a B, and maybe even a C to go with your A section
                  - programming some drum fills
                  - adding a bass part (after tightening up your rhythm tone a bit)

Oh, and I'd use a different snare. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Do you want me to critique the playing, the recording or the song. I will do all 3

Song- obviously a written jam track to showcase your soloing. As far as a jam track goes I will give it a 5 because it doesn't change key and it should to add flavor to your soloing.
                    Recording- backing track is to loud. It sounds like there might be a touch of chorus on it. Loose the chorus. Nice and clear though and the tone on all tracks is quite good.
                    Playing-- one dimensional and very repetitive. Bends are flat and uninspiring. Not enough notes. You need to vary your speed and use more of your fretboard. If that is as fast as you can go than I suggest you slow down some parts to make the other parts seem faster than they are. Vibrato is weak. Scales are definately needed in that piece and I didn't hear any except for a few snipits of some pentatonics. If you are going for the Vivian vibe than you need to play with much more aggression. Vivian literally would tear a guitar to shreds when soloing. That piece could use some arpeggios, double stop bends and pedal tones. There are 2 ways to approach playing a guitar solo. 1 shows off your technical expertise and the song takes a back seat (like alot of Malmsteen or Vai material) and the other enhances the song like Demartini, Lynch and Rhoads. Just my .02 Thanks for posting. You are certainly on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                      It sounds like there might be a touch of chorus on it. Loose the chorus.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you want him to LOOSE the chorus, or to LOSE it?

Loose [verb] Unleash, set upon fiercely

Lose [verb] Get rid of

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lose. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        The verb.

Comment

We lost a Jr. Member this year

I don't think this made the JCF anywhere, but I was looking around for info on this apparently talented member who overdosed this year. I don't think he had a chance to get to know many of us, but passed away July 17, 2004. Here is His site where his wife describes the situation leading to his death, and here is a site where I first saw he had passed with a picture.

My condolences to the family.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Re: We lost a Jr. Member this year

Likewise on the condolences..that is saddening. The depiction of events detailing the background on his death is noted in the NEWS tabs.

Comment

Working...
                            X