Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PodXT High Gain RATT Demo

Hi guys,

It's a short 20 second blurb based on the RATT song "Scene of the Crime".

My friend is letting me use his website so hopefully it will work, Im a n00b at this HTML stuff (dont mind his site, its lame!)

http://www.chrisflook.com/Rattpod.mp3

Thats the link!

I used my Wolfgang into my PodXT. From there into CubaseSX.

Used DKH and battery for drums, generic Fender Soundfont in Halion, and all the guitars are double tracked.

Used a little post EQ on the guitars so they would fit into the mix better (they got a little bassy)

Anyhow, have a listen, lemme know if it sounds ok or not!

Re: My PodXT High Gain RATT Demo

That sounds awesome. I've never heard the song before, and I don't know if it goes like that, but it sure sounds sweet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! I hear just a touch of Maiden in there as well. One word to sum it up... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] RAWKK [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Hey man, that's a cool sounding clip. I like the guitar sounds. There is only one drawback to it... it's too short I guess it's just an intro, hope to hear more.

Comment

Nice tone! I have a POD XT and I love it. I know people here slam it al the time, but I think it is great for the price and ease of use.

What settings were you using on the pod? Care to share the secrets of that tone? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Bringer of Chaos:
            Nice tone! I have a POD XT and I love it. I know people here slam it al the time, but I think it is great for the price and ease of use.

What settings were you using on the pod? Care to share the secrets of that tone? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed! The XT is awesome and easy as hell to use if you just give it a chance. Nice tone settings bro.

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It is a nice tone..Not trying to excessively critique, but I keep hearing/wanting the one note of the sequence to drop a half step on that A.

Comment

Lead track sounds really close. Robbins track sounds too muck like a Rockman X100. It is a litle to compressed. I have been trying to get a good Demartini tone for a while now and you are pretty darn close. I would suggest using the same model on both tracks but boosting the mids a little and the lows alot more on Robbins track.
                Sounds good bro.. Send me your Demartini settings!!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

Charvel guy was right, it isnt note for note, but thats the Tab I used off Guitar Pro. I compared them side to side and I just couldnt figure out what the heck I was doing [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

A big thing people dont realise about recording is that its ALL how it fits in the mix! Not only guitar/bass and drums, but just guitar and guitar.

Here is the clip WITHOUT bass and drums, you'll notice the rhythm guitars have more "bite"

http://www.chrisflook.com/Rattpodnodrum.mp3

For the fellow who wanted to know ho I recorded it, I'll keep it simple but here's the basics.

Simple PodXT into my midiman 2496 sound card. In Cubase SX I use some simple bass samples along with the Drum Kit From Hell (a sample kit used in a drum sequencer called Battery)

Anyhow, Guitars are DOUBLE tracked to fatten up the sound. The rhythm guitar has no Delay on it but a touch of reverb so it sits with the drums better. As well, I pulled the bass on the EQ down for the guitar parts so that it wasnt touching the bass's spectrum nor the bass drum.

For drums, I routed the Bass kick away from the snares/cymbals/toms and sent the Bass to its own Un reverbed channel. The other drum parts are all heavily EQ'd for that 80's arena sound we all love!

As well with Bass guitar, it has no verb on it either. Reverbing bass usually spells trouble and adds a lot of noise and unwanted sounds! Although im sure pro's could tell you how to get it done right!

I'll tell you one thing though, recording isnt fun! I feel sorry for these bands who have to spend weeks in a studio because it is monotonous and tiresome. However, hearing the end result is a nice thing (even if it does suck)

Anyhow, my current goal is to try recording other bands "sound". Im gonna see if I can pull off any Iron Maiden now [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry guys, here is the tone file

http://www.chrisflook.com/2 Big 2 Rectify-.l6t

press the Delay to get a nice solo tone, and mess around with various verbs for different recording sounds!!!

Comment

I put my XT directly into my soundcard and then onto Cool Edit Pro. Do you have your Pod on direct, power amp w/cabs or front of combo?

Comment

Direct!

Comment

Yeah....Gemini, share with us how you got it to sound that good on recording. Mine doesn't sound like that, maybe it's becouse I don't know how to properly record? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That rocks!! Great work!!!

It's hard getting things to sound good on a simple 30 second clip...after making a clip or two myself I know why some of the best albums took well over a year to do.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X