JCM800 2210 sound clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM800 2210 sound clips

Crossposted from my classifieds ad, just in case anyone was curious what a channel switching JCM800 sounds like but never cruised the classifieds. so...

Clips were a bone stock Marshall 2210 JCM800. All are one take, and just me screwing around. Mic was an SM57, straight into the grill of a Peavey VTM cab with Celestion 85s. From there it went to a behringer ultragain pro, and there to my PC soundcard. No normalizing or fx... the 'verb is from the amp, and then mixed down to MP3 with the backing tracks.

This one is a Peavey Wolfgang USA Special w/stock pickups. I used the bridge pickup, volume full up. Amp volume was pretty quiet actually - you could talk over it if you were a bit loud. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://members.cox.net/vht50/fakus_pocus.mp3

Charvel '95 USA strat w/DiMarzio Virtual vintage neck and middle pickups out of phase for the first run, then when the tone gets a little hotter it's a bridge duncan hot rails. This is the CLEAN channel with the clean volume cranked and the master down a little. With a stompbox, this channel would kick ass.

http://members.cox.net/vht50/ReadHouse.mp3

Last, Peavey Wolfgang, bridge pickup, took the volume way down for the middle quiet fingerpicking part. Lead channel on the 800, about as loud as the hokey pokey clip above.

http://members.cox.net/vht50/LaGangrene.mp3

Pete

Re: JCM800 2210 sound clips

well, that didn't sound as gawd-awful as some around here would have you believe! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds pretty stonkin' to me.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

marshall lead tone [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm diggin' the song titles.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That amp is kickin'! I always love to listen to your playing, you rule!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
            That amp is kickin'! I always love to listen to your playing, you rule!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks Scott, I appreciate it. I was suprised how much gain it had... when I was a foolish youth, I had one and thought it was the lowest gain thing I ever played through. Either I was too used to my Mesas at the time or I'm slowly weaning myself off insanely high gain amps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Very cool - the classic lead tone - at warp 7!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
              X