Pod XT Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod XT Users

I posted in the amps and effects section but will post again here...

I just got a POD XT from Ralph and was wondering

What do I need to record with this using my PC

also, when using it with an amp, if I plug in the headphones the amp gets louder and the tone changes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks
    Kev
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Pod XT Users

i think you just need a wire to go from the line out on the XT into the mic-in on your soundcard, but maybe the XT works with USB...check the manual.
    the tonal and volume difference is probably the cabsimulation that is switched on when you plug in earphones

Comment

You can connect via USB, or through the soundcard. The XT comes with the GuitarPort 2.0 software now, but I'm not sure whether the first ones released did. If yours didn't come with it, I think you can download it from the Line6 site The GuitarPort software can help simplify recording with some programs like Sonar or CoolEdit, since it gives you output level control and can automatically adjust your bitrate to match up. It's pretty good on paper, but in practice it can sometimes cause more trouble than it's worth (like glitches, noise,& latency problems.) Here are a couple of links that may help: Line6 Support, Board

Comment

Thanks guys
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I used to record with a POD v2.0, connected the left output of it to the line-in on my soundcard.

then I connect output from soundcard to input on stereo system (for monitor sound).

I haven't gotten the XT yet but I suspect that using USB to record won't give as good results as recording through a proper soundcard. It's worth a try though. BTW I use a M-Audio Audiophile soundcard which gives zero latency, best soundcard out there for the price, I think you should be able to get it for close to $200 these days.

good luck,

- Rune.

Comment

Working...
          X