X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led Zeppelin clip

How about some classic rock? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/WholeLottaLove.mp3

I was dicking around with my Vetta, seeing if I could get a kinda zep tone. See what you think... this is vetta into the PC. No fx - just vetta to tape. Even the stereo 'verb in the beginning is from the vetta. I know, the solo has a little too much gain/hair on it, but it's actually not too bad. And I know I didn't do the part exactly... I was chasing the tone more than I was the performance. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That's also why it skips a few seconds into it... nothing like hearing a kareoke version of Whole Lotta Love with no vocals.

Pete

Re: Led Zeppelin clip

I thought it was pretty close, good fat tone. The solo tone was close also, even though as you say there was more gain than usual. That Vetta leaves my poor POD in the dust, every time. Good feel to it, you should do a full version, or do Heartbreaker or something.

Comment

The lead sound was very good. There's something not quite right about the rhythm tone, though. I was already busy wearing out the vinyl back in the 70s, and my ears say that your version was a bit too bright and not "hollow" enough. Dunno how much of that is the guitar, though...
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

thanks for listening guys. It seemed like the more time I spent on it last night the more frustrated I got... so after about 15 minutes I just said screw it and went for it. I think the rhythm guitar is too 'close' too... it needs more reverb on the 'dry' side. And it's too present/bright also. I'm starting to think that if I play that with the same settings, a little more reverb on the dry side, and use a telecaster I'll be a lot closer.

Pete

Originally posted by ElectricPhase:
        The lead sound was very good. There's something not quite right about the rhythm tone, though. I was already busy wearing out the vinyl back in the 70s, and my ears say that your version was a bit too bright and not "hollow" enough. Dunno how much of that is the guitar, though...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
        X