More new stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More new stuff

Wow! Thanks for the very kind words everyone! I really appreciate all the comments! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bob: Most tunes start as some riff I come across when I'm watching tv or noodling aimlessly it seems. Lately anyway.

Ron: Yeah right. We all know your just a dancin' fool [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Vitamin: the funky chords were just a last minute thought. They made me laugh so I left them in. They are over an E pentatonic riff, the second chord starts over a D note and would read as D,F#,A,Eb so it would sound as a D7b9 type of sound, only the seventh is missing in this case. The three main tones of the riff are just E,D,A which you could certainly play as a E7,D7,A7 progression,and would be a standard thing, and you could associate with the E blues pentatonic. The D would just be a bit more restless/altered in this case because of the b9. If I play the E blues scale over this little E7, Db9 (no seventh), A7 thing it seems to work OK. http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/mark//ewww.mp3
    I just did the chords by ear, and heard it as a funky bit with that kind of tense color to it. Of course you made me go back and see what the notes were and all the rest.Damn you. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyhoo, I see some of you didn't find them as amusing/appropriate as me!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And you are probably right...

Comment

Re: More new stuff

Nothing wrong with instrumentals. You show a lot creativity and it really sounds great. My favorite part is the last minute of the song. Nice tone. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X