Triple XXX Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Triple XXX Clip

Nice playing and nice tone! I did hear a few 'tension' notes, and the guitar seemed to drift in and out of tune during the song. Does your guitar have a floating tremolo on it?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by john:
      Also, you should take advantage of the bias ajustment pot, and use it! Last weekend I took the back panel off, and ajusted my tubes to run alittle hotter (turning the knob counter clockwise), and what a difference! If you have the stock tubes, then I recommend setting the knob at about a tad higher then 9 o'clock. The amp really came alive. I guess Peavey sets the 6L6GC's a bit to cold for me. Just remeber never to dime on the control!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay... I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff. How will this effect my tone with stock tubes if I were to turn knob a bit one direction or the other with the bias adjustment? I don't want to start messing around with it without knowing what I'm getting myself into (I don't want to be experimenting and then have my tubes explode in my face or something like that... heh)

Comment

Pete, yeah I've got a Schaller Floyd Rose on that guitar, thanks for that comment, I didn't even notice. It was probably me not bending proberly.

Inearthed, I'm not an expert either, but adjusting the bias of the tubes is setting the idle state of the tubes. The hotter you set the bias level, the more your pushing the tubes therefore creating a sound that sounds more "hot rodded" (think EVH). By setting the bias level "cold", or low, you'll sacrifice the tone, but the tubes will last longer as they are not being pushed. I honestly don't mind scarificing tube life lenth for tone, because thats whats it about for me; tone first, then longtivity (SP).

Comment

Pete, yeah I've got a Schaller Floyd Rose on that guitar, thanks for that comment, I didn't even notice. I was probably me

Inearthed, I'm not an expert either, but adjusting the bias of the tubes is setting the idle state of the tubes. The hotter you set the bias level, the more your pushing the tubes therefore creating a sound that sounds more "hot rodded" (think EVH). By setting the bias level "cold", or low, you'll sacrifice the tone, but the tubes will last longer as they are not being pushed. I honestly don't mind scarificing tube life lenth for tone, because thats whats it about for me; tone first, then longtivity (SP).

Comment

Nice job the playing was well done and the tone is sweet [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello John,
              Nice job. What was the chord progression and what key were you in?

Comment

Originally posted by john:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All right, thanks. I will fiddle with it today a little bit at band practice. Great recording by the way (failed to mention it in my original post)

Comment

Working...
                X