Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of my 80's metal band's demos... Post Yours too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of my 80's metal band's demos... Post Yours too!

Hey folks -

There was a thread a little while ago on Harmony Central asking people to post their old 80's metal band songs and it was pretty fun so I thought I'd start one here. Anyway..., I just found an 18 year old demo cassette from my old band NorthStar and I converted the cassette to mp3s for your amusement. We recorded these two songs in 4 hours at Hit Man Recording in LA in 1986 and we knew nothing about recording, so the mix is courtesy of their midnight shift (it was cheaper) engineer - pretty bad... All one take except vocals. I played the second solo in both songs in addition to rhythm guitar and background vocals. It was a two guitar band and there are two solos in each song...

There are three things on the page linked below (musicv2.com does not allow me to directly link the songs):

Two songs:

Push Comes To Shove
    Take It To The Limit

or, you can listen to both songs in the band's appearance on the Los Angeles radio station KLOS' Local Music Show:

KLOS Local Music Show

Here's the link:

Link to my 80's Metal Bands Demo Stuff

You may have to scroll down in the window to find the links to the songs...

The 80's were pretty funny, eh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway..., post some more 80's metal clips if ya got 'em and check mine out for fun...

Steve
    Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
    My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Re: A couple of my 80\'s metal band\'s demos... Post Yours too!

Steve, you guys were pretty good. The quality is not bad either...very cool [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

On the other end of the spectrum, we have my offering. This was recorded in the worst excuse for a studio I have ever seen. At the time we thought it was the greatest thing ever. I think we paid for it by trading the guy an old window unit AC...haha

This was my band Mean Street which also featured fellow JCFer Gary Powell. The song is an original called...what else, Mean Street...

be patient, the first few seconds are silent...
    http://home.austin.rr.com/txcharvel/...n%20Street.mp3

Comment

Thanks, tx - glad you enjoyed 'em...

Your clip was very 80's metal there tx! Good stuff! Thanks for posting - those backing vocals on the chorus are priceless... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

C'mon, lets here some more of you folks 80's gems!

Steve

Comment

Just reminds me why I like 80's metal so much!!!
        Sounds great! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i liked em all...as far as posting ym stuff?...ummm...no [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Great music guys! 80's Metal Rules! Let's hear some more!

Comment

thanks for sharing, Steve. Foottappin' stuff. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Sah that stuff was cool, but i couldn't download it [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

txcharvel NICE...Did you record it in the bathroom [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

brings back memories........ahhhhh good times [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

sah150 that was awesome!!! SO reminds me of listening to V-ROCK on gta 3!! I'm gonna put this stuff on a cd!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, guys! But please, anybody who has demos from your 80's metal bands - PLEASE post 'em. Lets keep this thread going!

Bob from Accounting - I made all my stuff downloadable now - didn't realize you had to enable that. Thanks for letting me know...

Steve

Comment

that stuff is awesome! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by sah5150:
                          Bob from Accounting - I made all my stuff downloadable now - didn't realize you had to enable that. Thanks for letting me know...

Steve
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great! downloaded them now, great stuff! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys - Thanks a lot for the comments! Glad you enjoyed those tunes!

I'm still hoping some more folks who were in bands in the 80's will throw some tunes in this thread... C'mon guys, post 'em if ya got 'em! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

Ok since nobody else is brave enough to post their 80's demos, I have another one to add to txcharvel's post earlier. This is another one from our 80's band Mean Street. Same ol'crappy studio. This was our "Power Ballad" which was so popular then, It's called "Won't be Alone". We got alot of requests for this one.

Get it here: http://www.geocities.com/riff_addiction/

Not bad for inexperienced rookie musician's. Pat was the only one who had played in a band before.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X