Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clip with a boost pedal and amp I built

http://members.cox.net/kristenturley/peteedjam.mp3

Gets a little gritty, but what the hell. A guy on harmony central posted a backing track, this is me goin' over the top. Guitar was the '88 USA jackson archtop I got from Eric, and it's all one pass - no edits. Clams and all, here it is. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: clip with a boost pedal and amp I built

Sounds nice Pete. I really dig the groove of it....kinda of Jeff Beck and Larry Carlton'ish. Sounds like you gotta be careful or you'll go over the top and feedback. I like being right on that edge tho.

How many watts is this amp? and how loud were you playing? I'm so tired of modelers and looking for a Mesa .22+ or Studio Caliber DC-2 so I can get that smooth singing warmth at lower levels. My 2203 is just too much to record with, rythym is alright at lower levels but the solo's are kind of brittle and cold at low levels so I can't use it unles I want to hotplate it...which I'd rather have a combo instead [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn, that clip is extremely close to what a Studio 22 sounds like in case you were wondering.
      Tone baby....

Comment

Thanks man! 5 watts, and it was a little louder than a cranked TV set. The pedal really pushed it over the edge. It's a single 6V6 powered amp, with a four stage preamp : )

Pete

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
        Sounds nice Pete. I really dig the groove of it....kinda of Jeff Beck and Larry Carlton'ish. Sounds like you gotta be careful or you'll go over the top and feedback. I like being right on that edge tho.

How many watts is this amp? and how loud were you playing? I'm so tired of modelers and looking for a Mesa .22+ or Studio Caliber DC-2 so I can get that smooth singing warmth at lower levels. My 2203 is just too much to record with, rythym is alright at lower levels but the solo's are kind of brittle and cold at low levels so I can't use it unles I want to hotplate it...which I'd rather have a combo instead [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
        X