Here's some clips I did on my PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some clips I did on my PC.

I have just gotten into home recording, and I've done a few clips.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=854608

They're all kinda rough and sloppy, but I'm just trying to get a good base sound before I do any post EQ or anything.

Anyway, I think they sound pretty decent considering the minimalist equipment.

GUITAR-AMP-MIC(SHURE PG57)-INTERFACE(LINE 6 UX2)-PC(ACID PRO)

That's it. Nothing fancy.

By the way, the "Explode" clip is not one of my home recordings.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Wow Zeegs, I was expecting something with much less gain. That was Bill Z Bub kinda gain!

I like it!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sounds pretty damn good from my house. And RoS is flat out fuggin brutal. I love it!
      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Nice metal tones, zeegs! Good things.

Comment

Definitely sounds like Line6 distortion.

Something about it just seems dead to my ears. Who knows.

Nice playing though.

edit: Oh, sorry, I misread your post. What amp are you playing through? I think it sounds a bit muffled.
          Scott

Comment

Thanks guys. The amp is a B-52 AT-100. Some of the guys on Harmony Central were doing clips to compare amps, so since I just got my interface, I figured I'd try to record something to see how my lowly B-52 holds up against the ENGLs, Mesas, and whatnot. Apparently quite well. The first clip was the Master's Apprentice by Opeth, and although most people voted for one of the ENGLs, I got a good number of votes. For the AC/DC Back in Black clip, I actually got the most votes.

Once I really get the hang of this Acid Pro thing, I should be able to put some good stuff down.

Oh, and Bill, there is quite a bit less gain on those clips than you'd think. I have to back it off quite a ways to record, otherwise it sounds too fuzzy. The dual tracks really make it sound higher gain. I'm still doing a lot of experimenting, such as reducing the gain for recording, and boosting the mids, and treble.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Strange, I really like the AT-100 sound. It must just be the compression.

The Back in Black clip was my favorite too. I think the tone on that one was the most "clean".
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X