• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't sure where to put this...

...but what the HELL is "fatpicker" ?

I can't properly troll without knowledge
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

picking with a pick/plectrum
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Are we talking "fatpicking" like me... or "flatpicking?"
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

didn't noticed that one, thanks Turk
        fLatpicking is picking with a pick/plectrum

fatpicking is... I dunno... fingering a chubby chick?
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Toejam seems to mention "FAT picker" a lot.

Comment

Huh? :think:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Flatpicking is when you use a flat pick or plectrum. Vs thumbs picks or finger picks.
              Fatpicking is when you pick up the chunky chick at the bar.

Comment

Flatpicking--or chicken picking--is when you play guitar with a pick but don't hold the pick at an angle to the string. I've heard people call the alternative technique "circle picking," but I really think the angle of attack is what's different--i. e., you're not actually making a circular motion with the pick.

Comment

Google works http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...f+flat+picking
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My apologies it was someone else.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show....php?p=1276852

Comment

In that case...

"Fatpicker" is what someone called the user "Flatpicker" either accidentally or on purpose once, which was kind of funny at the time. Martinbarrell, fatpicker, the Jackson Phil Collins signature guitars. Just stupid shit. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
                      X