Point me to some wah solos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point me to some wah solos

OK - new wah in the house for X-mas. Now, when I play a wah, I usually play real bendy pentatonic stuff. Unison bends, those kind of things.

Point me to some non-bluesy, non-pentatonic, out-of-box wah solo stylings. Thanks!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

check out Kirk Hammett...I hear he has used a wah from time to time :ROTF:

Comment

Frank Zappa comes to mind, fit's that category, and he rules.

Also Via is out of the box, and ...not bluesy and uses one from time to time.

Point your finger to your fretboard, and your toes to the wah and make your own

Comment

Ween, Dean Ween.

Haha.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4c6ejeoIWQ bout 1 min in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Wuf...eature=related one at about 1:30 then another leading in around 2:20 (till almost 4:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewm2E...eature=related 2:40

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...77/BKW_O2k_its 1:45

Comment

Uli used wah quite a lot in his solos on In Trance and Taken by Force.

Comment

How about a nice whole song of wah?

Here are the lyrics to the song " I Disappear".Hey, hey, heyHere I go now, here I go into new daysHey, hey, heyHere I go now, here I go into new daysI'm pain...

Comment

David Gilmour.

Comment

slash ??

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                  check out Kirk Hammett...I hear he has used a wah from time to time :ROTF:
                  He was the first one who came to mind. And the one who made me dislike wah pedals....
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Hey thanks for the input so far - but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary so far. Kirk, Slash - those guys are who I've been copping from for years, which is bluesy pentatonic wah stuff.

Who's got some other examples?
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Hey thanks for the input so far - but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary so far. Kirk, Slash - those guys are who I've been copping from for years, which is bluesy pentatonic wah stuff.
                      The only guys that really come to mind are all pentatonic. The only others I can come up with that aren't really bluesy are the Morley boys...Vai, Lynch and Tremonti, but I can't point to any specific songs. I'm not a fan of Creed at all, but I like Mark's playing on the Alter Bridge albums.

What wah did you end up getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Who's got some other examples?
                        When I think of wah, those are who I think of.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                          What wah did you end up getting?
                          I got the George Lynch wah. The Dragon 2. Very cool. Its taking a bit getting used to the switchless operation since it shuts off when you rock all the way back.

I was also looking at the Kirk Hammet Dunlop which I demoed and it sounded really cool, too.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Check Terry Kath on some of Chicago's 70's era recordings.

Comment

Grandturk, lots of Uli's stuff is not pentatonic...

Comment

Working...
                              X