Lessons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons?

Ok, about 10 years ago, I started playing the bass and guitar. Nowadays, I mostly play guitar, and I know I'm not that good. I'm all self taught. I declined lessons for so long, because I didn't want to be one of those players that just play different scales or modes. I never bothered to learn them. I've pretty much only jammed with other people once or twice a year. The last few times, I felt embarassed to be in the same room with them. So I've taken the plunge and finally began lessons. I feel fairly comfortable with my rhythm, but I am totally clueless on leads. How to start one and whatnot. Hopefully these 80 dollars a month lessons will improve my skill to where I want it to be. I've been told I'm a fast learner. After only one lesson, I am begining to see this is what I needed.
    However it is weird having someone about my age or younger teaching me elemetary scales. But he seems pretty competent. He's a shredder, so I can tell he knows what he's doing. Having a degree in music and music theory is a plus as well. So here goes to taking the plunge.

You may check out Troy Stetina's book Fretboard Mastery to supplement your lessons if you are going to be learning theory.

Comment

All of Frank Gambales instructional stuff is worth checking out as well, expecially his "modes no more Mystery" DVD.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
      X