E Minor is B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Yeah - I know - and if you read my post I corrected that when I said I was only playing root fifth power chords - you know, like a ten year old.
    Moving major and minor chord shapes randomly around the fret board is what I was referring to when I mentioned this. When using chords that don't readily define a tonal center players have a lot of options when it comes to taking a solo--like on Polaris.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
      Turk, for some reason people on this forum are willing to patronize you. The combination of chords you posted makes no sense and sounds like crap. It's as if a 10 year old just learned bar chords a week ago and randomly moved them around the fret board.
      wow, what crawled up your butt?

No one here is patronising Turk. He asked a question, they attempted to answer it. He wasn't soliciting opinions on "the best chord progression EVA!" What he wants to do with or how he wants to apply the information he has learned in this thread is entirely up to him.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        wow, what crawled up your butt?

No one here is patronising Turk. He asked a question, they attempted to answer it. He wasn't soliciting opinions on "the best chord progression EVA!" What he wants to do with or how he wants to apply the information he has learned in this thread is entirely up to him.
        Play Bm, Cm, F#, Bm, Cm, Em and you will have answered your own question.

Comment

Trussrod you are overlooking the fact that many heavy metal and thrash metal bands have conquered the world with Root-5th power chords and the very absence of the 3rd is what gives the unique color to these types of progressions, truk is open to explore MANY modes with those power chords because the very absense of the 3rd makes the tonal center ambigious and that can be a musical goal if any one chooses to be.

he did mention using root-5th chords towards the beginning of the thread, and if that makes him a 10 yr old, then i guess Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield are both 10 yr olds, and God I want to be the same too.

Go on and do your thing, Turk.
          Ashique M. Fahim
          Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
          www.myspace.com/amfahim
          www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
          www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

Fucking nerds
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Bm Cm F# is pretty bad. If you just add Em after Cm then the 4 chords sound better .

Comment

Working...
              X