Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first band audition in over 20 years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice selections and congrats

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
      Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, Queensryche
      Dude! Sweet!

Comment

This was the audition list..

1. The Hellion/Electric Eye
        2. Don't Talk to Strangers
        3. Holy Diver
        4. Crazy Train
        5. The Trooper
        6. Aces High
        7. Panama
        8. Down With the Sickness
        9. Jet City Woman
        10. Rock You Like a Hurricane
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Great lineup. I just see issues with 7 and 9. I know you are playing to a crowd, but I've been getting into VH lately and would have gone with something harder/crunchier. Not Mean Streets crunchy, but maybe Ain't Talkin Bout Love crunchy. 9 is pop'y and trendy, but I'd probably go Queen of the Ryche because that just F'ing rocks.

Comment

Ill be auditioning for a local shred/death metal band friday. Auditions are always a challenge and source of jitter, like a job interview.
            Glad you passed! I hope mine goes well, Im sick of the punky alternarock my current band plays. Its time to play more technical music. Music that keeps my fingers moving fast is the mutts nuts.
            Last edited by Twitch; 01-11-2011, 10:12 AM.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Good luck, Twitch! "Tell us how you doooooo"
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thank Yooooooou! Agreed, Im not big on the associated vocal style(if done right, I dont mind. I like Randy Blythe of LOG, but him and later Phil Anselmo are about it.), but the guitar work is fun and more technical.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Congrats on the gig, cool set list.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I'd probably go Queen of the Ryche because that just F'ing rocks.
                  Ha ha, awesome song, but not many guys can roll out of bed and hit that intro.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
                    This was the audition list..

1. The Hellion/Electric Eye
                    2. Don't Talk to Strangers
                    3. Holy Diver
                    4. Crazy Train
                    5. The Trooper
                    6. Aces High
                    7. Panama
                    8. Down With the Sickness
                    9. Jet City Woman
                    10. Rock You Like a Hurricane
                    I'd swap Wake Up Dead in for number two, and then take 9 out for Ain't Talkin' Bout Love or a Metallica tune, or maybe put Aces High as 9 and the Metallica tune straight in the middle. I approve of the #10 choice.

You can't beat Electric Eye as an opener, but you also can't beat the energy of Megadeth near the start of a gig. Wake Up Dead just does a particularly good job, and will also make the rest of that set seem easier.

My opinion, of course!

Best of luck and congrats!
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I'm not picking the tunes at this point - trying to pick-up (or re-learn) tunes they already have down. They've been super cool about what I want to play - I just want to play. I'll get picky later.
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        I'd swap Wake Up Dead in for number two, and then take 9 out for Ain't Talkin' Bout Love or a Metallica tune, or maybe put Aces High as 9 and the Metallica tune straight in the middle. I approve of the #10 choice.

You can't beat Electric Eye as an opener, but you also can't beat the energy of Megadeth near the start of a gig. Wake Up Dead just does a particularly good job, and will also make the rest of that set seem easier.

My opinion, of course!

Best of luck and congrats!
                        Tough call. Don't Talk to Strangers kicks major ass IMO and is a little more circulated than Wake Up Dead.

Comment

Hangar 18 and Peace Sells are on the to-do list.

Comment

Working...
                          X