No announcement yet.

Jazz III picks worth the effort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, because you get used to whatever you use all the time. So, playing with standard size picks may seem awkard when on the spot without a Jazz III. Or always keep one in your wallet or somethin'..

Jazz IIIs don't make anything faster..practice does. But use whatever you like. But limiting yourself to small picks kinda paints you in a corner. I'm sure people who use them religiously have experienced that. I know my son and Clevo-John has.

When I was a kid I used pennies and nickels. Dimes and quarter have ridges..i didn't like that. A penny was always easier to find than a pick..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      A penny was always easier to find than a pick..
      Youre absolutely right Billz. I buy the fucking things by the dozen, but where the fuck do they go when I need them?? Im not a douche, I dont throw them at the crowd at shows. Every now and then I might get irritated and throw one out of frustration at home, but not often. They dont show up in the wash, and the floor is clear of them. I cant find any at the studio, nor hanging out atop any of my equipment at home. Seriously, where do they go?

I bought three dozen my last trip to GC(think I posted about it), opened one bag so far, and of that dozen, I can verify the location of 6 of them.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I only use Jazz III's. The black ones with the extra grip are my favourite picks ever.

Comment

Guess I'm stone age.
          Only picks I use are light green Tortex pointies.
          Indestructible enough, they seem to last forever.

Helps that I have a truckload of them, and I still practice with Stylus picks!

Billz, I found those plastic bread ties were great back when I could not make it to the store to buy picks.
          Coins were too hard on precious strings.
          Last edited by Cygnus X1; 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Cygs..hey man..wassup. Yes Bread Ties. Had a jar of 'em. Great for Strop Locks too!!! Never used real strap locks in my life..I used plastic clip bread ties tho. They do the job.

Oh..Twitch..I know man WTF does the picks go. I honestly think there is guitar pick gremlins or gnomes or soem shit that need picks. They steal the fuggin' shit!

KingVee..holy shit..Fuck the pic. Look at the quality of that picture...wow. You can be IDd by those vivid fingerprints man!! They look so soft and supple..no hard callous' man. Play harder, faster...and shit! But that pick is worn..must be playing. Do you use Coa Coa butter..Vasoline perhaps...Lemon Oil?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

KingVee..holy shit..Fuck the pic. Look at the quality of that picture...wow. You can be IDd by those vivid fingerprints man!! They look so soft and supple..no hard callous' man. Play harder, faster...and shit! But that pick is worn..must be playing. Do you use Coa Coa butter..Vasoline perhaps...Lemon Oil?
              This has to be the most disturbing thing I've read in a long time.
              I <3 DR Strings.

2007 Jackson KV2
              2006 Schecter C1 Blackjack
              Randall RG75G2
              Line 6 PODxt

Comment

Originally posted by KingVee View Post
                This has to be the most disturbing thing I've read in a long time.
                Ehhh. you stay with me man..I'll keep you disturbed O' plenty! I mean, it's a real fuggin' horror show!

Comment

Jazz IIIs don't make anything faster..practice does.
                  Correct (Y)
                  I meant to say, it sounded like faster, but it was way more sloppy.. :P
                  Of course practice makes perfect

But limiting yourself to small picks kinda paints you in a corner.
                  ++
                  sigpic
                  EINMYRIA - Thrash Metal

Comment

I love you, I love you so much!

I've been using Red Jazz III's for years its all I use, I never pick scrape so I don't care bout that n I can strum fine, it just comes down to the facts that they feel more natural and comfortable to me and plus Michael Angelo uses them (jokes).
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

It puts the lotion on it's skin..or it gets the hose again..

Buffalo Bill Z Bub

Comment

My favorites....

The Jazztone 208 and Primetone 3mm's (large pointed). They last forever and sound awesome.

You can get the Jazz III shape in either.
                        Last edited by Animus; 10-20-2011, 03:21 PM.
                        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Jeff Beck doesn't use a pick

Comment

Jeff Beck is not human either.
                            I believe he is the same alien race as Uli!

Comment

Jazz III's are some good picks. Their diminutive size leaves a fair amount to be desired, as I've got huge-ass meat hooks and simply can't use 'em. What makes things worse is that I've got almost NOTHING in terms of fingerprints on my fingers, so it's like trying to hold onto a greased pig. I've heard good things about the Jazz III XLs, but I can't seem to find them in out there.

But for my buck, the MAX-GRIP standards do pretty well. Lots of grip and they last forever, too.

Comment

Ive always used these picks, as well as the ultex hetfeild picks. ive always loved the original jazz III, because there so prescice and are good for getting easy pinch harmonics.
                                I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

Working...
                                X