Arrrrg!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrg!!!

The solo to Domination is killing me!!! I know Ive only been working on it for 2 days, but damn, I havent gotten past the first part yet, (the very beginning starting 13-12-16 on the high E and ending on 6 on the A) and I can only play it about 3/4 speed. If this solo were further down on the neck I could nail it with pull offs, but the fret spacing above the 12th is confusing my fingers and resulting in half muted notes. FUCK! Just needed to vent.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Morbid Angel?

Comment

Try it on the 2nd string 18-17 then down to the 16 on the E?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
        Morbid Angel?
        Pantera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPFrXvc2rE
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Try it on the 2nd string 18-17 then down to the 16 on the E?
          That was an interesting idea, and heres what I found; doing the 18-17 then to 16 on the E and leaving the rest of the notes where they were leaves my index finger on the 15 on the B, which makes me have to slide down to 13 then 12, just as difficult if not more. So I transposed the whole solo to the 16-19 fret area, but that added more string changes, so Im kind of still at square one with it. Ill get it eventually, I hope.

Comment

Would the rest of it follow the same type of pattern as the one I suggested if you kept it going down the neck? Seems logical to me to have your ring, middle, and index going in the same order rather than doing 1,3,2,3,1,2,1,3,2 etc etc or somesuch.

Granted I've not heard the song or seen the tab.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Granted I've not heard the song or seen the tab.
              Erm, check Post # 4 ?

Comment

Yeah, I saw the video link. I just haven't clicked it

Comment

Domination is fitting for this song. My practice time has been dominated by trying to get this solo right.

Comment

Post a vid of you, er, butchering it

Comment

Got me curious, i started fucking with it - the opening lick kinda reminds me of Randy.
                      It feels like phrygian with some diminished thrown in. The pattern is similar type of thing you typed out for Cliff in his speed and accuracy thread just broken up to fit to the beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                        The pattern is similar type of thing you typed out for Cliff in his speed and accuracy thread just broken up to fit to the beat.
                        Yeah, like I said, if it were closer to the nut, I could nail it, but I hardly ever play anything like that above the 12th, so Im not used to moving my fingers that fast in that cramped of a space.

Comment

Ha! Here we go.
                          13-12-13-16-13-12-13-12----12-13-12-13-12------------------------------
                          --------------------------15-----------------15-13-12----13-12----------
                          -------------------------------------------------------14-------14/16-13-
                          My Version^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

13-12-13-16-13-12-13-12----12-13-12-13-12---------------------------
                          --------------------------15-----------------15-13-12----13-12----12---
                          -------------------------------------------------------14--------14---13--
                          The official version^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Replaced the string change back to 12 on the B for a slide to the 16th on the G, now were cookin.
                          Last edited by Twitch; 06-29-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Sweet, got to where I nailed it at speed about 50% of the time sitting down. Now Ive got to adapt standing up. Ive already figured out Im gonna cheat on the solo part starting at 4:15 by finger tapping, my pinky is short and weak.
                            Last edited by Twitch; 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

My hand hurts. Guess it time to give it a rest for the night(more like an hour and Ill be messing with it again, cause I cant get it out of my head).

Comment

Working...
                              X