Harmonizers in use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonizers in use.

We all know them- the 80's (and later) tunes that used varying amounts of harmonizing on the leads. I know Vai used it alot but who else did it and how/what did they do?

Suggestions on specific models?

I thought most of the 80's guys used the Eventide harmonizer. Mega exspensive! I'm curious but haven't heard anyone mention how the Axe Fx harmonizer compares.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Eventide was supposed to be the grand daddy of all harmonizers. There are other ones out today that are supposed to be really good and not carry a $3000 price tag. I'm also curious on how the technology has improved over the years. You have to have an intelligent harmonizer to make it easier. I have an late 80s Ibanez Harmonizer/Delay that was a bitch to make work live. I'm sure they are a lot better today. My intention since I've always been the only guitar player was to play the Trooper and Black Star. I'd do W/D stereo setup where one amp/ 4x12 got the original note and another 4x12 got the harmonize note. Was just too much latency for my liking but I'm sure they have that worked out today
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

On my pedal board.. this a demo video here of my board.. I use a Digitech Harmony Man Intelligent Harmonizer/Pitch Shifter.. I even use it for most of my chorusing.. I had the Eventide pedal.. but didn't like it.. borrow the Digitech from a local store and REALLY liked it.. just went back and paid for it.. its never left my flight case board.. you'll see and hear the harmonizer near the end of the video @ 5:12 ish..

DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author
        www.myspace.com/intellishred
        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
          On my pedal board.. this a demo video here of my board.. I use a Digitech Harmony Man Intelligent Harmonizer/Pitch Shifter.. I even use it for most of my chorusing.. I had the Eventide pedal.. but didn't like it.. borrow the Digitech from a local store and REALLY liked it.. just went back and paid for it.. its never left my flight case board.. you'll see and hear the harmonizer near the end of the video @ 5:12 ish..
          Kev,
          Hey that's great, man! That info will help a lot. Thanks a bunch!
          BTW- I keep drooling over your Nocturne that Jem made. Very nice. Keep the vids coming, bro. Very nice stuff.

Comment

Thanks vector!
            DiMarzio Endorsee
            www.dimarzio.com
            Morley Endorsee
            www.morley.com
            "Intelli-Shred" author
            www.myspace.com/intellishred
            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
            X