Guitar note mastery programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar note mastery programs?

A couple of years ago I bought a guitar note mastery style program online. It downloaded right to my computer; I believe it was an ebook and a guitar fretboard test software. Anyway the program really worked. The program was incredibly simple

This is what I kind of remember:

You memorize the first 6 or 12 notes on the low E string (I can't remember which) then you make up a story where each character's first name was a note. Exampe: Frank=F, George=G, Eddie=E, Amy=A, etc... Then there was a variable in the story that made Frank an F# or something. I can't remember how the whole system went.

Well, within a half hour I memorized the story I made up, following the rules to the system, I was able to pic random notes on the fretboard and knew what they were. The system came with a virtual fretboard that would test you on what you learned.

Long story short, at the time I didn't see the use in knowing which notes I was playing and forgot about the program. I want to know if someone else know's what I'm talking about and hopefully know which program I was using. I would like to get it again...
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

I use this on my iPad. They make versions for Android/PC/Mac as well...

http://www.guitaraddict.net/Pages/default.aspx

Probably not the software/ebook you are looking for but the note memorization exercises are not bad.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That looks like a cool app. With the memorization story I had, this app would work fantastic.

The system I had was really simple though. Like I said, I just had to make up that story were each character's first letter in their name was a note, then remember the first 12 frets on the low E. If I was on, lets say F# on the 6 string, and wanted to know what note was on the 5 string on the same fret, I would just go through the story till I got to F# then I would find it quick. After a while you wouldn't really need to use the story because you would remember where all the notes were.

The program was a Clickbank product, you know the ones with the really hypey sells page, big bright words, testimonial's and 100% guarantees. Most of them kind of look like scams, but this one worked good. I searched through clickbank and their are two that kind of look like the one I had, but I can't really tell.
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

The easiest way to remember what note you're playing is to memorize the notes of the E string A string and D string from the open position to the 12th fret. Then use octave chords. It's a very simple method that my mother taught me when I was 9 years old and she is not even a guitar player. You don't have to worry about the G, B, or E string because the octave above will always tell you the note on the higher string.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X