How do you practice bends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you practice bends?

My great achillis heal! I suck at bends! I never spent enough time practicing them.

whats a good practice exercise to build strength doing full bend vibratos? And for get bends in tune?

i like ---7---9---7---7^9 repeat (^is a bend).

cheers
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

hands on hips or arms out to the sides for balance. feet at shoulder width apart. knees directly over your feet. stomach tucked in, back straight. slow, controlled descent. until you develop sufficient strength, only descend so that thigh is parallel to the floor - any lower and you may have trouble ascending. lift by squeezing thighs & buttocks - don't be tempted to swing limbs for momentum as you lift
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Most players bend with their middle or ring fingers either by choice or habit. I usually bend with my ring finger most of the time at least when it comes to full bends or more. I only use my middle finger for small vibrato or half step bends. The best way to get better at anything on the guitar is repetition plain and simple. Try playing legato runs up the neck and stopping in between them to throw in a bend say on the G string or B string. http://www.guitarworld.com/bent-out-...imple-exercise This is a more simple example I use for my students who have trouble with bends.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

don't forget the most important part of practicing bends...

Comment

Working...
        X