The Amazing Slow Downer - stupid name, nice tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Slow Downer - stupid name, nice tool

For those who learn parts by ear, this piece of software is great for slowing down and isolating/looping parts to learn 'em, or for tuning the track to your guitar, instead of the other way around (especially nice for us Floyd-types). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It does a great job (much better sound quality than what I get from my Korg Pandora PX4, when I slow down tracks). I've only had it for a couple of days, but I'm learning parts much more quickly. I use it on a Mac, but I see they have a Windows version, too. Roni Software is the publisher.

P.S. I have absolutely zero connection with this company. I just finally took the leap and bought the software and wished I'd had a review like this to help me make the decision, so I would've bought it a long time ago.

Re: The Amazing Slow Downer - stupid name, nice tool

yup it's a nice program , i used it to get some pantera solos which as i saw then were tabbed wrong ...

How do you tune a track to a note ?

Comment

Re: The Amazing Slow Downer - stupid name, nice to

no unix version? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sucks.................

i dont think my windowz machine is powerful enough to make any use of this.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Did you download the free version or get the full version? I wasn't too impressed with the free version last time I tried it since it only did the first 25% of each song. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is all you really need and it's free:

Chronotron 3.1
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

After becoming frustrated with the trial version, I finally gritted my teeth and paid for it, and the paid version works extremely well.

I searched the Web over for a free alternative (maybe a plug-in for iTunes or something), but found nada. Chronotron looks great for you Windows users, but I'm a Mac guy.

ASD's interface is wonderfully simple and effective. There are sliders for Stretch (for slowing down or speeding up a song), Pitch (for tuning the song to your guitar) and Mix (L-R panning, I guess - I haven't used that one yet). There are also buttons for Start and End points to loop part of a song over and over while you learn it. And there's a Karaoke button to remove/minimize vocal tracks.

Comment

I have the paid version and use this thing all the time. Very easy and as stated above great for us Floyd users, allows you to change the pitch as well as speed so I don't have to retune my guitars to go from e to e flat or vice versa.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Chronotron 3.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ, this thing RULES. Free, quick download, plugs right into Windows Media Player 9! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

Chronotron 3.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ, this thing RULES. Free, quick download, plugs right into Windows Media Player 9! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for noticing! Yeah, I've used this one in conjunction with GoldWave and Winamp to learn quite a few riffs and solos.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Very cool little gadget!

I'm runnin' out of excuses to learn those Nuno Bettencourt solos now... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

By the way, Windows Media Player 9 already comes with a "slow downer" and "speed upper" thingy feature. The Chronotron that PowerTube posted is just more convenient since it has BOTH tempo changing AND key changing in one handy-handy window. I've been using the regular time shifter for a good while now with good results. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Bahhh, Chronotron blows the phallus of a large orangutan! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Now I have to register in order to keep using it because now it doesn't pitch-shift and time-shift any longer! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

At least Windows Media Player 9 still has the built-in time shifter. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X