Speed wall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speed wall...

His work, such as 'Lost Without You' or 'An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess' is nothing short of amazing.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Absolutely is [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

vibrato is what seperates the men from the boys.Its a dead giveaway to how long someone has played.Sure fast playing is dazzling and impressive(when done right)but......if the vibrato is weak then
        work on your phrases and dynamics

Comment

That is so so true. That makes a great quote too! "vibrato is what separates the men from the boys"

Comment

I'm getting quite fast but my vibrato sucks balls. Is there some method to developing your vibrato it so it sounds good, or is it just a natrual thing you pick up over time?

Comment

get someone to teach you some blues, the guys with feel can all play blues, because that's what the blues are all about.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

play violin, any decent violinist (or viola, cello, etc) will own the best blues guitarist IMO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  play violin, any decent violinist (or viola, cello, etc) will own the best blues guitarist IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a shredder though - especially one that has the feel of the vibratos and bends.
                  I think that is where violinists often have better technique is in the expressive vibratos at the end of their runs. And they have long runs.
                  You can do this on the guitar when you shred but most people don't TRAIN this way on the guitar.
                  Yngwie and others obviously due - George Bellas.
                  There are some very powerful and expressive guitar solos out there ans IMO just as good as violin solos - but I didn't say better - just as good - two different instruments so some might say apples to oranges.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

what i find difficult is to switch my fretting hand from shredding position (tumb on the back of the neck) to some sort of blues position where your hand almost completely surrounds the neck. I can't shred in blues position and i can't bend in shred position. when playing something fast with bends in it, this obviously is very irritating since i can't switch from one to another position that quickly. any tips ?

Comment

I had the same kind of thing, Tom. (I see you're from Belgium, ik ook, van Limburg, welkom!!)

I just put some more power onto my hand and sometimes use two or three fingers to help push the bend, so I don't need my thumb to be clenched onto something in order to get enough power and grip. Just dig in there.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

hi god of rythm, (ik ben van Vlaams Brabant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) I see your avatar is james hetfield (correct me if i'm wrong) and i noticed your signature was a hetfield quote, so i'll take it you're a metallica fan. So am i [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
                        i usually bend with multiple fingers, it gives me more control. I'm still a beginner (playing one year) so maybe i just need to get some more power in my fingers in order to be able to bend like that comfortably. I'll keep practicing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the advice

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm getting quite fast but my vibrato sucks balls. Is there some method to developing your vibrato it so it sounds good, or is it just a natrual thing you pick up over time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make your vibrato a physical thing, not just a fingering thing. Physically shake your guitar and use its intertia to help the vibrato. Watch the blues masters, that's how a lot of them do it.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                          X