The Amazing Slow Downer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Amazing Slow Downer

I know someone who had that plugin for winamp. It was pretty cool. I would have loved to have something like that when I was a kid learning tunes. I used to try to spin a record with my finger to slow it down and later on used a reel to reel at half speed. Pretty horrible. I still managed, but it's not as good as what is around today.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Does Pacemaker also plug into Windows Media Player? I used a Chronotron plugin for a while that was compatible with Windows Media Player as well as Winamp but it expired. Such a great program for shifting the pitch and tempo independently. But do elaborate on Pacemaker some more, I'm interested! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if it's compatible with both....more than likely not unless most plugins are compatible with both, I've never experimented with Windows Media Player plugins as WMP is such a bulky program and I can't keep it on screen as I'm looking at other stuff, unlike Winamp...

Comment

I couldn't even find the Pacemaker plug-in on the Winamp Web site. Any tips or links for finding it?

Comment

I went ahead and picked up a Tascam CD-GT1 last night from GC and played with it for about 1 1/2 hours. It sucks! Now, I know a lot of the HC reviews ripped it because of the effects but I bought it to slow down, not as an effects processor. But it doesn't even do that well! It took a little while to figure out the controls to slow down and if you slow down to 50%, it gets pretty muddy. And it's hard to balance what you're listening to with your guitar. So I get into work this morning and try my trial version ASD, and it is WAAAAY better. You can even slow down more than 50% and it doesn't distort and the interface is very easy to use. Now I just need some ideas on how to use it with my guitar? My work PC is a laptop, so I guess I could hook up external speakers and keep my amp volume low.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
          X