X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: depressed....

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    For a real twist, pick another zip code and use that to determine how many beats you play each chord in your first zip code. If you second zip code is 24345, play the 9th fret two beats, the open string four beats, the 7th fret three beats, the 3rd fret four beats, and the first fret five beats. I GUARANTEE that you'll get a song unlike anything you've ever heard before.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cephalic f*cking Carnage!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, Zac taught me that trick. I was in their rehersal room in Denver when they were writing their new album. They had the working song titles on the dry erase board.

Comment

I go through that same thing a lot. Sometimes I sould record my bland idea on my 4 track and listen to it backwards. Sometimes it would give me a new idea.

The other thing to try is other styles of music. Learn some licks from another instrument. I would learn sax licks. (just for the record, I don't play jazz) It's suprizing how good something can sound when you ad distortion.

Comment

Bitch and whine all you want.

Just keep playing.

And want to change your sound... start listening to a variety of music and guitar.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Fuckin' A!!! I play non-meolodic all the time. Clashing chords, chromatic runs, seemingly random note selection. You know the rules. Now try and break them. Instead of playing the patterns that you always fall into, try to play AVOIDING the chords in the keys/scales you know.

For example, you can use a phone number or a zip code and translate it into frets. For example, my ZIP is 90731.

[/ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font color="yellow"> ACE gave the prescription for Guitar Playing Anti Depression! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

do waht i'm doing, just WRITE a song that is chromatic and all un melodic. do it really hard and then you will do it normally.

Comment

Do it really hard and then you will do it normally? I must have missed something there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Do it really hard and then you will do it normally? I must have missed something there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant that he will do it more since he practiced trying. what is there to miss [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Been in that position lots, listening to the music you want to play day in and out, and playing with different people helps tons, breaks you out of the norm...

Comment

Working...
                  X