Doug Marks videos? Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doug Marks videos? Any good?

Frank Gambales "Monster Licks" video has a great section on sweeping and a great section on his "economic" picking style which is a real "Must Know".
    His "Modes Mystery No More " DVd is another must have. he really explains things clearer than any other video I've ever seen that discusses modes.
    He's a good teacher.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

ok, I watched the DVD's last night. You can really tell they are from the late 80's, early 90's. Doug Marks hair is hysterical, plus he wears alot of makeup in the vid. Aside from the "flashback", the info is pretty good. he explains things very thoroughly, but simply and demonstrates in both slow and fast speeds. After i work on them for a few weeks, I'll let you know if they are worht the money.

Comment

A video which I have learnt a hell of a lot from is Vinnie Moores "Speed, accuarcy and articulation". It has an excellent modes section too!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          A video which I have learnt a hell of a lot from is Vinnie Moores "Speed, accuarcy and articulation". It has an excellent modes section too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. That's a great video and he also covers a lot of ground with the "shredder triplet" pattern.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Doug Marks videos rock. I just got the "Guitar Styles" of Ozzy, it's really good for the money. I learned how to play back in the 80's with nothing but Doug's books/tapes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you still buy that new? Are they hard to find used?
              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

I haven't seen it anywhere new but it comes up on ebay quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X