Perfect pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perfect pitch

I've got relative pitch... I don't know whether perfect pitch can be developed or not, I've never cared to try, because as long as you've got relative pitch I see no need for it. The lowest my voice can go is F, so if I want to figure out a pitch... I hit the F with my voice, then with relative pitch I can figure out whatever I need to. In most cases I won't even do that since I'm usually trying to figure out an interval or harmonic progression rather than whether a notes an A or an A#. I'd say start off with relative pitch, it should cover all your needs... if not, take it up a step and go for perfect pitch and see how that goes.

Comment

i've bought the course. honestly, i didn't get much out of it...it is just him talking for the most part...you get the idea pretty quick, but he keeps repeating the stuff. instead, i recommend trying www.good-ear.com or www.musictheory.net which are 2 free sites that have exercises to train/learn/quiz you on different pitches, scales and identify the differences.

Comment

Dave - Pm sent.
        Thanks, Warbird. Those are very helpful. The musictheory.net site is loaded with good stuff!
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

i've got ears. and i hear things. and i like to try and recreate what i hear with my voice. its hard sometimes. especially when what i'm hearing is higher than my vocal chords will reach. it makes figuring tunes out easier. sometimes though, my ghoast thoughts get in the way of that. i'll listen to a riff. and then think about it. and then the thinking gets in the way and alters the notes in my head. but the ones in my head always sound better to me. so i'll end up playing it wrong on purpose. do i think in specific modes? do these modes sound better to my ear. i don't know. its like my brain is playing fill in the notes faster than my ear is hearing them. i can usually overcome this by listening to increments of the song or riff. and repeating them slowly.
          i like to hear. i hope i never loose that ability.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I've been using the websites for a week now and it's helping a lot! I started with the musictheory.net interval trainer but it covers way too many intervals and I was doing horribly. So I'm using the good-ear site, starting with basic intervals up, then up/down, etc. working my way up to the more complex intervals. At first, I was only hitting about 30% but today I got 88 out of 100 tries. Thanks again Warbird!
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You both have it wrong. Perfect pitch is the ability to match tones, relative pitch is the releationship between notes. Yes you can learn both, don't resign yourselves to ignorance.

I'll explain more in the morning, now I'm drunk from the Dimebag partying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh enlighten us holy one. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
              X