Fast Rhythm Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Rhythm Playing

What's a good resource for fast rhythm playing. I'm currently playing rhythm for my band, but it's a different style for me, where I'm used to playing acoustically up/down strokes, the need for consistent heavy downstrokes, harmonics and fills is what I'm looking for. Songs in the style of Crazy Train, a SRV shuffle with rhythm and fills in between. That's the kind I need to work on and was looking either for a web site/instructional video or book that may assist me.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Fast Rhythm Playing

Children of Bodom has a shitload of that.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

For rhythym playing I take a lot of influences from Angelcorpse. That's pretty different from SRV and Randy however. There are a lot of books on playing rhythym guitar, and I haven't read any of them. Maybe learn some blues progressions and sort of improvise using those and a blues scale. You'll get better and more fluid at it with time.

Comment

Or just learn Randy's songs. I think there's a book that has the whole live Tribute album tabbed out, that would be cool to go through.

Comment

Or if your not worried about meldoy and just want to get rhythmic patterns down, turn up your stereo, unplug your guitar and play along just trying to hit the strings with the same rhythym as whatever you are listening to.

Comment

Working...
          X