• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tascam cd-gt1...word of warning

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    umm....yea....i bet back in your day the songs were not as fast and technically advanced as todays metal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i mean, yes, i could figure out stuff like early judas priest, black sabbath, saxon etc. without slowing down....but i CAN'T figure out stuff like cannibal corpse - frantic disembowelment at the original speed ^^ but then again, maybe my ears suck? ^^

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, you're prolly right. We (us old guys) only had to figure out Rhoads, VH, Vai, Satch, Yngwie, Gilbert, McAlpine, Becker, Freidman, Howe, Lifeson - by ear. And then tab it all out so you young turks could complain about how easy it is... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]+1

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you Nor and Fritz! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Don't forget Al DiMeola, Steve Morse, Frank Gambale, etc... either. You kids who think you invented technical music in the past 10 or 15 years crack me up! It has always been around, just then, AS NOW, it wasn't that popular, so you're not aware of it in music history. The technical metal bandsof today mostly are lucky to sell 100,000 copies, so they're not going to be reknowned 20 years from now - except among a cult following. Nothing wrong with that, most of my favorite bands are pretty unknown too. The fact remains, there was plenty of stuff back then that was challenging to learn, and no resources other than your ear to learn with. hat is drastically different today.Fragle, you're right about one thing. You ears may not suck per se, but if you're tab-dependent, it does hurt your ear-training. To me when I hear a part, I use my ear to ID key and scale flavor, then the basic pattern, then what variations are happening within the pattern. It doesn't take that long, by ear. will admit if I needed to learn a lot of this stuff within a time constraint i would slow down the riffs, but I still sort of see that as cheating. I try to mentally absorb the part first, then physically play it.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X