Need Greg Howe Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Greg Howe Tabs

Anyone have any tabs off of his Parallax album?
    I'm specifically looking for "Howe bout it".
    I can't find it anywhere on the internet [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Thanks
    Nick
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Need Greg Howe Tabs

Nick,have you tried www.jklutherie.com??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Nick,have you tried www.jklutherie.com??

[/ QUOTE ]
      hey Chuck, they've got his video (which I have) but no tablature, damn his stuff is tough to figure out by ear, I was down there last night for 2 hours working on this and I didn't get too far [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

good luck finding Howe about it tab!thats a fn killer track-the trouble i find with Greg is that he doesnt play strictly to scale-so is very hard to copy unlike the more metal Gilberts who you can work out(to play is another thing!!lol)I do know he loves Dorian and lydian-i think you might have to just play it the best you can now-i expect greg wouldnt play that the same

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          good luck finding Howe about it tab!thats a fn killer track-the trouble i find with Greg is that he doesnt play strictly to scale-so is very hard to copy unlike the more metal Gilberts who you can work out(to play is another thing!!lol)I do know he loves Dorian and lydian-i think you might have to just play it the best you can now-i expect greg wouldnt play that the same

[/ QUOTE ]
          I've been learning a bunch of his stuff, luckily the Introspection album has been tabbed out pretty well, his Mixolydian, pentatonic stage LOL! some Bebop and Melodic jazz minor as well in there. The problem I'm having is figuring the actual chords behind his leads, I understand modes fairly well, so if I could get the actual chord changes behind his leads I could get closer to figuring it out.For some reason I just can't hear them! The other problem with Greg howe is : is he tapping or isn't he? LOL
          guy just smokes

Comment

Hey Nick,

You got tabs for the Introspection album?

Rodrigo.
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

yes I've got a couple at home , Iknow at least Jumpstart,and desiderata but I've got Kick it over and Bad Racket and some other stuff as well email me at [email protected] and tonight I'll send you what ever I've got

Comment

Is Kick it Over the one that was in a GW issue from around 88/89? It has a bunch of cool descending tapping runs?
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

probably, I have that tab if you want it.
                  all of his stuff has cool ascending/descending tapping runs LOL [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                  I've got Jumpstart
                  Direct Injection
                  Desiderata
                  abrupt Terminal
                  Bad Racket
                  the pepper shake
                  Bach mock
                  Portrait
                  Tales Told
                  anybody want any of these pm me with an email or email me directly and I'll send them to you. Some are Guitar pro format, some are Powertab.

Comment

Tits! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Email on the way. I'd love to record some of those songs. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot Nick.

Rodrigo
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

He kmanick you have a pm [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the tabs, Nick! Kick it all Over is the one I was thinking of. I also have and old GFTPM with the Pepper Shake. I only have his first album and II with his brother on vocals (I kinda got out of playing for most of the 90s, so I didn't keep up on the Shrapnel guys). What are some other Howe albums to get?

Sorry to hijack Nick but does anyone have Racer X tabs?
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I may have some RacerX tabs at home let me check.
                          As far as Greg Howe goes
                          #1 Introspection
                          #2 Parallax
                          #3 Five
                          #4 Uncertain Terms
                          The rest of his stuff kind of goes way out there Hyperacuity is horrible , it sounds very
                          experimental.Ascend is very Neoclassical, he's not in that vein anymore but it does have some ripping stuff on it,
                          he's really gone the jazz/fusion path (which I luv [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
                          Extraction is his latest , clips sound pretty good, but I haven't picked it up yet so I can't comment on that one

Comment

get extraction His tone is killer and there is some classy axe work on the tunes-i hope he gets his act together and produces the instructional DVD's he hinted at doing-i have been waiting a couple of years for him to do it!Brett Garsed is also doing a new DVD with an hour of him teaching then 30 mins of playing tunes with band

Comment

Ya I've been waiting for these videos as well. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                              Good to hear about Extraction, I figured with Wooten and
                              Chambers on there it would have to Kill!

Comment

Working...
                              X