proper fretting technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: proper fretting technique?

One habit I've noticed I've developed has been hitching my pinky finger on the bridge pick-up ring. I've been trying to break that habit for the past few weeks, because it does seem to slow my picking down. Anyone else do that, and am I correct in thinking it's something I shouldn't be doing?

Comment

I think Michael Angelo anchors his finger on the guitar kinda like that, and I guess he has OK technique...

I personally keep my hand floating or sometimes have my palm resting on the lower strings but that's about it. I'm weird though, I also try to keep the thumb of my fretting hand floating behind the neck because I tend to crush it against the neck if I'm not paying attention and that gets painful.

Comment

My friend Diego from Disgorge anchors his pinky on his high E string, and he's one of the best death metal guitar players I know.

Comment

I anchor my pinky on the pickup ring too. I dunno if it is a bad habit or not but it is the way I play.... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
          X