Increasing skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing skills

Let me first state that I´m certainly not a great player, but everyone developes over the years.
    So when I tried to play Megadeth songs 10 years ago I had serious problems with a lot of their more technical stuff.
    Well, played some Rust in peace and Countdown... songs this morning and at that moment you suddenly see that you have developed a lot after all.

Fuel for my playing for sure. Could play all day now I guess, to bad I´m off to crosscounty sking today

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Increasing skills

I don't have any skills!

Comment

I don't have any cross country skis. Not too useful in L.A. but I loved them when I lived in the mountains!

Comment

Beer helps

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I don't have any cross country skis. Not too useful in L.A. but I loved them when I lived in the mountains!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they were called "rollerblades" in L.A. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The new thing are these shoes with wheels in them that these kids are riding around on now. I saw two boys yesterday, probably around ten years old, and they were just walking, then skating the next step. Pretty neat idea, but I'd kill myself on those things.

Comment

I remember seeing them advertised in the back of comic books way back when. They looked like sneakers, but they had pop-out wheels under them! Thought they were soooo cool, but back then, I wouldn't have dreamed of ordering something from all the way over in the US! It was unfathomable. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I saw a guy in his early 20s wearing some of those the other day. He'd walk normally through foot traffic, until the crowd thinned out a bit and he'd skate along until he decided it was safer to walk again.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

\"Wheelies\"

I'd get these if I could find some non-Chinese models in my size.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: \"Wheelies\"

No doubt I want some Wheelies.... They would be awesome on sales calls come skating into a customers office
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Fuel for my playing for sure. Could play all day now I guess, to bad I´m off to crosscounty sking today

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. One trip around was enough for me. If I really want to see the mountains in winter, I'll take a horse.

I might add that the mountains at nighttime in the winter has got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, especially when we get the northern lights rolling around. Last time I went up to Island Park (A few miles away from Yellowstone) it was so bright outside that I didn't even need a flashlight. Good thing to, I don't care to ever be outside when a moose is close again!

Downhill skiing is my forte though. It's still quite the workout.

Comment

No skills or skis for me so I guess I'm screwed! LOL!! Maybe I'll start learning how to play the accordion instead of my Jacksons! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Well,look at this great thing. I have played guitar for 2 years in this music school. I have played acoustic all the time and I am geting my first Jackson soon. I have played only a little with the schools guitars in school concerts and a little bit of my big brothers guitars. Now,I have joined my friends band and all my friends in this band are so talented and they can play everything they want to. I am not the same. They chose me to rhythm guitarist because there was no-one else and they said I can improve my plaing,although I am a good player already. Were maybe playing Children Of Bodoms "Sixpounder" in some of schools concerts soon (we got the permission). Our bassist and keyboardist just got the notes and they are learning it. Our lead guitarist (vocals) and our drummer have learned it already. I am the one who is having problems with it. My fingers do not move so fast in those riffs that are pretty hard. I can play it slow but I would have to learn it soon. Does any of you have any tips how to increase speed and play very fast in some solos and be more precise. Also,do you have any tips how to be better a playing riffs (fast and hard ones). Also,can somebody tell me how to do everykinds of harmonics with the electric guitar? I know theres alot of them. If somebody could tell me,one starter could be a little more better...

Comment

As far as the riffs are concerned I would personally start off by practising them very s l o w l y and gradually increase the metronome speed. I think pretty much anybody would recommend that method.

Comment

Working...
                          X