shredding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shredding

SRV was a shredder, blues or not, but still it was shred.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The "definitions" that I hear the most include the attainment of technical expertise (physically playing well with a highly developed concept of scalar relationships) along with a style of playing fast.

I think a couple other points are playing "out of the box" ie. not playing in the usual box or pentatonic patterns and scales and the ability to rip it up all over the neck.

Throw in some modern techniques like arpeggios, sweep picking, 4 finger technique, taps, slides, etc... and there you have it.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        lol Yngwie has prob the best vibrato out there-and always plays the right notes in time and has plenty of feeling too

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Michael Schenkers vibrato better. I think he hs more variations than Yngwie.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Thank you Justin.This is Ron not Stephen, I am the other guitarist in Rogosonic, we just use that site because no one knows who Rogosonic is....lol

Comment

i shred all the time but when i say shredding i mean like good old jake e lle solos or randy stuff. i do indulge in some jason becker tho ...
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I think fast runs can inspire feeling partly because of the speed - Classical music uses fast playing to convey excitement sometimes.

I really don't like the grunge, alternative guitarists always saying fast playing has no feeling or meaning. Speed is just a tool. Imagine if someone studying classic music said "Gee teach, I don't want to practice scales, it's just showing off, it has no feeling"

Comment

I always come back to Schenker man.. No matter what..
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

best tip for bent note vibrato with the left hand?

Bend a note to pitch hold it and gradually add vibrato, that is, bend above and below the desired pitch, start slow, speed up as the note decays

Comment

asd

I think it is way more difficult to get youself a good timing and fingertone than a good vibrato. I have always thought that timing is the key. There are very few players with PERFECT timing , Chad Coggin and Eric Glass ( yes i have probably used too much these names but i cant help it they are exeptional players)) come to me mind first they both have 100% perfect timing and you can really hear it .

By saying shred You probably thought that average shredder level , a guy who can play some minor major triad sweeps can run across the neck 3 notes per string .

It took me 4 years to do that ,it was very difficult back then , but looking at all the stuff right now it seems very very easy. Then it took 2 years to understand that i dont want to play like that anymore, and now it will probably take another 3 years to get my own face as a guitarist.
                    Last edited by JC_Denton; 11-05-2006, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                      I think fast runs can inspire feeling partly because of the speed - Classical music uses fast playing to convey excitement sometimes.

I really don't like the grunge, alternative guitarists always saying fast playing has no feeling or meaning. Speed is just a tool. Imagine if someone studying classic music said "Gee teach, I don't want to practice scales, it's just showing off, it has no feeling"
                      yeh man!

Comment

How old are you dudes who use the term shredder in your names,i guess your in your early 20's right?post some clips here as i would love to hear a super shredder in action!The term shredder now implies to me youtube/google hacks playing fast scales with no expression and certainly fuck all vibrato

Comment

lol welll as i said when i say shredding i mean older school shredding like randy and jake e lee

Comment

ahh cool..lol.see what i mean now with the term shredder!these youtube hacks have fucking ruined it forever lol

Comment

Vibrato is key but if u wana shred just play to a metronome for hours a day then you will kick ass

Comment

LOL at youtube shredders , i removed my one and only shred vid from there,cause i really did'nt want to be part of that "big and happy youtube shredder family" :S

Comment

Working...
                                X